Massachusetts-Boston

Help! Need ideas for a VERY small, intimate wedding in Boston area!

I am NOT into having a big wedding for myself (kind of ironic that I am on the knot then, huh?) and currently want an intimate ceremony and reception for immediate family only, which would be under 20 people (including bride and groom). I do want to have something beautiful, thoughtful, and be able to share with close loved ones. However when browsing venues, it seems that many are best suited for 50+ guests (eg. banquet halls). 

I currently live in the city of Boston and would want to have something local. I am not opposed to the idea of going to somewhere like the Cape and providing overnight accommodations for everyone, considering it will only be for 15-20 people. I am open to ideas of small places to hold possibly both ceremony and reception. Despite it being a small guest list, I do want to make it my own and have it seem beyond just a nice dinner.

Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

Erika

PS. I have not set a date, season, even year... haha! I am starting with 0! 

Re: Help! Need ideas for a VERY small, intimate wedding in Boston area!

• Hi Erika!  Congrats! We're having about 90 people at our wedding, but we saw a lot of great spaces for a wedding your size! Here are a few suggestions from places we looked at:

- Beacon XV in Beacon Hill.  Gorgeous rooftop space for a ceremony, beautiful wine cellar for a reception - it holds up to 75 people

- Taj Hotel.  They have a lot of different spaces for weddings.  We're having a 50 people Indian wedding the Friday before our traditional western wedding - the price was really good too; $60/person for lunch.  

- TW Food in Cambridge - it's a wonderful restaurant that you can rent out for private events, if you love good food this might be a great option for you

- Lenox Hotel/City Table - I think the Dome Room at the Lenox has a 75 person minimum, but they definitely do smaller weddings at City Table

One plus to having a small wedding in Boston is that you could have your ceremony outside in the Public Gardens if you're thinking a spring/summer wedding...I think it's a $50 fee for residents

Good luck!!

• I'm actually super jealous because you could totally just book a private room in a restaurant (what I wanted to do, but can't with a 130 person guest list!). My partner has good things to say about Maggiano's (he's booked events there for his job).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Mistral Bistro has a beautiful private dining room and is accustomed to holding small weddings there. The French Library also has very small weddings and its an elegant venue.
  • phira said:
    I'm actually super jealous because you could totally just book a private room in a restaurant (what I wanted to do, but can't with a 130 person guest list!). My partner has good things to say about Maggiano's (he's booked events there for his job).

This. We looked at Nashoba Winery in Bolton, which is about 45 mins west of Boston. We really liked it but there was no way we could get our guest list low enough to have it in the restaurant and I didn't want an outdoor wedding without AC in August. I'd recommend looking at it if you don't mind travelling outside Boston.
  • There are a lot of nice places on the South Shore.  Scarlet Oak in Hingham has private dining rooms that would accommodate the amount of people you are inviting.  Also the Red Lion Inn in Cohasset .  Barker's Tavern in Scituate is another place. The Lightkeeper's House in Cohasset is another place.  And all of these places are surrounded by beaches to get married on.  (I think all you have to do is get a permit at the town hall?)  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards