November 2013 Weddings

Honeymoons!

Are you taking one? 

Where are you going? 

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon?

Did you use a travel agent?

Details, people. 

Re: Honeymoons!

• WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    We're going to NOLA for five days.    We booked it through travelocity and based on recs from our friends who have been there before.  We're leaving on Monday after the wedding so we can spend Sunday with our family from out of town.  I'm most looking forward to just relaxing, awesome music, and fantastic food.
  • My answers: 

Yes - we're leaving Dec 1 (wedding is Sunday before Turkey Day & we wanted to decompress post-wedding before traveling in hopes to avoid too many travelers). 

Kauai, HI!

Apart from spending time with my then husband, I'm most looking forward to tubing down an old sugar cane irrigation ditch - lazy river style!

Nope, planning it ourselves, with the internet as a guide :)
  • Are you taking one?  YES

Where are you going? 7 day cruise to the Western Carribean

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Eating & Drinking without any thought to how it will effect my wedding dress!

Did you use a travel agent? No

Details, people. We're leaving the morning after the wedding at 8:00 a.m (that's what I get for letting FI plan it himself)! LOL... I'm sure we won't sleep until we're on the plane.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mommapizanomommapizano member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Are you taking one?  YES

Where are you going? Los Angeles, California

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Enjoying being married and relaxing, eating lots of good food 

Details, people. 

We originally planned a luxury ski trip to Park City Utah BUT we went over budget on the wedding so we decided to take a honeymoon here in California. I don't know any details because FI booked everything and said he has surprises for me everyday. So I am sure it will be great. We are planning to do Hawaii next year for our anniversary. 
  • Are you taking one? YES!! 

Where are you going? We are going to St. Lucia and staying at the Sandals resort

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? We have a big hike planned on the third day while we are there so we get to see the best views in St. Lucia from the Pitons and we get to explore waterfalls and beaches. I'm so excited.

Did you use a travel agent? Nope, the internet gave us the info we needed.

We are leaving the Monday after the wedding so we can visit with family on Sunday since we have a bunch of OOT guests. We will be there for a week laying on the beach and soaking up all the sun.
  • Are you taking one? YES!! But not until February 2014. (I started a new job late last year and am limited on vaca days this year.)

Where are you going? 8-night Eastern Caribbean cruise

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Relaxing on our balcony with drinks in hand while sailing the blue, Caribbean water with my FI. :)

Did you use a travel agent? Nope! We've cruised before and LOVE planning our own trips.

Details, people. 

Cruising on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas to San Juan, St. Maarten, Labadee, and St. Kitts + 3 days at sea. We dig the sea days. Plus, it will be cold in Wisconsin and we'll be basking in 80+ degree weather. Can't beat that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you taking one? Yes.

Where are you going? Antigua for a week.

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Clear turquoise water and sunshine.

Did you use a travel agent? No.

Details, people.
    We are staying at cocos hotel. I can't wait!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Are you taking one? YES!!!!  Leaving on Monday 11/11

Where are you going? Oahu, HI staying at the Ihilani Marriott Resort and Spa

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Sleeping, Scuba, spending time with hubby, enjoying the luxury of first class and the suite we upgraded to.

Did you use a travel agent? Costco
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Are you taking one? Definitely!

Where are you going? 7 days in Cozumel. :)

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Being outside of the country for my first time ever, and scuba diving!

Did you use a travel agent? Nope.

Details, people. We're leaving the day after the wedding, 11/11. So so excited!
  • Are you taking one?  Yes

Where are you going?  We're going on a cruise out of Orlando, starting Dec 14th through 21st, then we're taking a day at Disney World, then we're driving to the Tampa area to surprise his grandma to be there for Christmas for the first time in 3 years. :) 

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? The cruise obviously, but I'm really excited to see his grandma's face when she opens the door and sees us! 

Did you use a travel agent? Nope, all on our own.
  • Are you taking one?   Yes :D

Where are you going? Back to Disneyland! (and some other sites in the area)

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Travelling just the two of us for a whole trip, sleeping in the same bed, and some of the rides in Disneyland

Did you use a travel agent? Nope, but we did book through expedia to save some $.

Details, people. We'll leave the Monday after our wedding, and be gone for 6 days. We don't have all of our activities planned yet, but hopefully we'll do that soon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• Are you taking one? Yes

Where are you going? St. Lucia staying at a Sandals Resort

What are you most looking forward to on your honeymoon? Spending time just the 2 of us.

Did you use a travel agent? Yes. I wanted to make sure we got the best deal

Details, People. We are leaving the Monday after the wedding so that we can hang out with family on that Sunday and double check that we have everything ready for the honeymoon.
  • Are you taking one?  Yes

Where are you going? Western Caribbean Cruise on Freedom of the Seas

Most looking forward to? Spending time just the two of us with all of the wedding planning stress behind us.

Travel again?  Yes we did because you get perks when booking through an agent vs. cruise line directly.  We are getting $100 on board credit, dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant, lunch for 4 at the on board Johnny Rockets, and earning 8 airline miles per $1 spent!

Details?  We get married on 11/23 but don't leave until 12/6 with the cruise leaving 12/8.  It leaves out of Port Canaveral so we are flying down early to hit Universal Studios for a day and a half before cruising :)
  • We are staying at Excellence Riviera Cancun (in Riviera Maya) and leaving December 15th since our wedding is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We used Liberty Travel and their price was cheaper than everything online and it comes with some extra perks. I highly recommend a travel agent (they will match prices and they are very knowledgeable). 

I am soooo excited to be sitting on a BEACH! 
  • I thought I would update. FI was too excited and decided to share details about our honeymoon. We are doing an LA/Anaheim honeymoon. He has planned several things for us to do including Disneyland, a Lakers game (I'm a big fan), and going to the Walt Disney concert hall! I am so excited :) 

He wouldn't reveal all the details but he said he had to share. 
  • We booked our flights to Kauai & our rental car last night. IT'S OFFICIALLY HAPPENING! 
  • Are you taking one?  Yes!!

Where are you going? We going on a Cruise out of Miami

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? I can not wait to relax with my new husband!!!

Details, people. We are going to St. Maarten where we plan to ride horses on the beach, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk!!! I can not wait!!!
  • Are you taking one? Yes we leave Sunday after the wedding

Where are you going?  Sandals White house in Jamaica

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Finally being married not having a million things to worry about for at least a week.

Did you use a travel agent? Nope

Details, people. I booked a couples massage and I cant wait to relax and go snorkeling and just have a great time. Also helps it is all inclusive so no worries about how much stuff costs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you taking one? Yes (only free time FI has before he is back to his busy schedule Where are you going? Florida for 2 days and then ocho rios ,Jamaica for 5 What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Just relaxing and adventuring with my then husband. Did you use a travel agent? No FI booked it on his own Details, people. All inclusive resort is all I know and really looking forward to it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @silviamrcln02 you have to go to the Dunn's River Falls in Ochos Rios. They are really a must see. I hope you enjoy! 
  • I will thanks for the suggestions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're not taking a honeymoon right away unfortunately...just not in our busy work schedule and budget. we ARE, however, staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for 2 nights in their Concierge level!!! We are super excited!! We're saving up Vacation time for possibly a cruise in the not-too-distant future :)
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you taking one? Hopefully

Where are you going? A local bed and breakfast

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? ALONE TIME

Did you use a travel agent? no

Details, people. 
    For our honeymoon we went to a local hotel for one night, it wasnt very romantic or special but it was on budget. This time I REALLY want to go to this B&B but it will matter on if we can find a sitter! 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• OjitosVerdesOjitosVerdes member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    Are you taking one? - Yes, but not until the first of the year - I teach at a university and we're mid-semester, and at the time of the wedding I'm in the middle of my comprehensive PhD exams. Brilliant timing. :-S

Where are you going? New Zealand 

What are you most looking forward to doing on your honeymoon? Exploring together - truly having "alone" time - detaching from everything else for a couple weeks. 

Did you use a travel agent? These still exist?! 

Details, people. FI and I aren't lounging around people - we love to be on the move, so we'll be leasing a "campervan" (RV in New Zealand speak) and exploring both islands for a couple weeks. NZ has an extensive and established RVing culture, and we're super excited to get to see and stay places we might not have otherwise. The accommodations certainly won't be 4-star uxurious, but it will be an adventurous couple weeks and that's right up our alley! 
    Edited so it's not just one huge block of text. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards