March 2014 Weddings

Argh!

Is it me, or does anyone else have issues with your FMIL or FSIL?  It seems that everything I do/plan/think of, is scrutinized by FSIL and FMIL.  Like they would have done it X way.  They turned their noses when I told them where our reception venue is located.  They scoffed at my selection for flowers.  They grimaced at my favors/seating card idea.  When I told them I was wearing my mother's gown, I heard "Oh, you will miss out on the buying a gown experience. Are you sure you want to do that?"  FSIL seemed heart broken when I said no to using her silk flower centerpieces and silk flower bouquet from her wedding.  1) they aren't my flower selection. 2) They aren't in my color palette and 3) we already have centerpieces provided by the venue and I have booked my florist already!!!  

It's my wedding! I don't care if you don't like my ideas/plans.  ARGH! I know that weddings bring out the worst in people, but seriously.  This is just annoying.  I have put myself in a position that I will listen and "CONSIDER" ideas/options.  That doesn't mean I will absolutely use them.  

I keep saying to myself the mantra from Bad Boys II...."Wooooshaaaaaaa"
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Argh!

• OMG I could have written this myself!!!!!

My FSIL hates everything I pick because it costs money. She wants me to do everything the way she did it 17 years ago and go the DIY route. First off, I am not a DIY person. I don't have time to make things or do things like that. She wants me to find someone who can make the cake cheaper than the bakery I love. She thinks Jesse spent too much on my ring. She just complains about EVERYTHING that deals with money.

My FMIL is just crazy. I promise you.
  • katieg520 said:
    OMG I could have written this myself!!!!!

My FSIL hates everything I pick because it costs money. She wants me to do everything the way she did it 17 years ago and go the DIY route. First off, I am not a DIY person. I don't have time to make things or do things like that. She wants me to find someone who can make the cake cheaper than the bakery I love. She thinks Jesse spent too much on my ring. She just complains about EVERYTHING that deals with money.

My FMIL is just crazy. I promise you.
    HAHAHAHAHA OMG!  We should GTG and discuss FSIL/FMIL issues.  I just had another one! FSIL has been bugging me and reminding me that I should be working on my invites and getting them ordered, etc.  SMH.  We're DIYing our invites so, I'm not fully worried about it (even though I kind of am).  She then also thinks that everything should be like her day from 7 years ago.  Uh. no.  BAH! I am about ready to tell FI I want to elope!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Don't you just love it, lol. It's extremely annoying to hear "well when I got married..." every time we make a decision.
  • Thank God I do not have those issues with my FMIL. I am glad that you are standing firm with what YOU want.  I think deep down inside FMIL and FSIL may be a tad bit jealous. ;)
  • cali113 said:
    Thank God I do not have those issues with my FMIL. I am glad that you are standing firm with what YOU want.  I think deep down inside FMIL and FSIL may be a tad bit jealous. ;)

Most likely!!!!! I think that's the root of most people's behavior in situations like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards