Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dressmaker in Chicago / suburbs?

Hello!

Having a hard time finding the simple dress I was hoping for, but found a pattern that would be perfect. Does anyone have an recommendations for any local dressmakers? Any reviews or experiences? Would love to hear about them thanks!

Re: Dressmaker in Chicago / suburbs?

• Options
    My best friend had a dress made for a destination wedding in Greece, She wanted simple and light, She used Mira Couture. Her dress was absolutely beautiful and so well made. I wish I had photos to share.

I also went and did a consult there and had a fantastic experience. I just can't make up my mind about what I want yet. 

I've also heard good things about Sew Special but don't have any personal experience,
  • Options

The dress doctor in Water Tower Place is awesome.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies, I will check these leads out.

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to chime in while I investigate, thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Mary Catomy did my alterations and I believe she can also make dresses. She works out of her house in Schiller Park and books up quickly, but she may be able to help you. Her number is: 847-678-7226. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Ditto Mary Catomy!  My wedding dress needed so much work, she just about had to take it apart and start over.... and it was GORGEOUS!  She is very reasonably priced too. 

ETA: Yes, she does make dresses.  She showed me a photo of a bride who took a pic of a dress on a TV and Mary was able to make that same dress, and it was beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    Second Mira Couture.  I went there on Monday just to look at the designer dresses she has in her studio, but I met her and saw her fitting someone for a custom dress she was making.  Everything in her store was absolutely gorgeous. 
  • Options
    Oh, and I did ask about custom-dress pricing while I was there and they start at $3500 for something on the simpler side and go up from there.
  • Options
    http://mignonettebridal.com 

Pricing starts at $1,900
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards