Jewish Weddings
Options

Bedeken Question - Family unfamiliar but I still want one. What to do?!

I would love to get as many opinions on this please:) I love the thought of having a bedeken, however, my family is not very familiar with them and neither is my fiance's. We have a few religious family members of his coming in for the wedding who are familiar with them. I am torn on whether to have one or not. I didn't want our families standing around looking clueless. I thought maybe we could have a member of our band (who will play during the reception) come in with a horn or sax and play Od Yishama, the traditional song played during a bedeken and hopefully people would get into the tun and clap as we walked in. Ahh, so torn. What to do?? Please!

Re: Bedeken Question - Family unfamiliar but I still want one. What to do?!

• Options
    Have you discussed with your officiant?  I would talk it through with her/him to see if you can imagine how it would go.  I don't think it's a problem that many of your family members are not familiar with it.  
  • Options
    SereneTigerSereneTiger member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Same here! My FI's family is completely clueless about a Bedeken.

We are going to put a little description of the bedeken and other traditions (the tish, circling the groom,etc) in the wedding program since most of our guests are not going to know what is going on.

Maybe you can do something similar? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards