New York-New York City

NYC Hotels close to UWS

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels close to the Upper West Side that we can have guests stay at and a suite for the girls to get ready in that is fairly priced and nice?

Thanks!

Re: NYC Hotels close to UWS

• Where on the UWS, and what price point are you comfortable with?
  • My venue is all the way on 122nd street. So anywhere below that would be fine, say 70s, 80s. Price point I wouldn't exceed over $300 night.
  • check expedia.com  very often you could get a hotel for up to 40% off when book a couple of rooms.
  • Pricing will completely depend on what time of year you are looking into...hotels can over double during peak season and/or peak weekends.

We are working with NYLO hotel (formerly On the Ave Hotel) located on 77th St and Broadway. They have been very accommodating and easy to work with. Our guests have several options for their rooms, plus they have a penthouse that i will be using as the bridal suite. It has a beautiful balcony so as long as the weather holds up this weekend, i will be having a brunch for the bridesmaids on the terrace.

October is one of the most expensive months for hotels and my guests are paying just over $300/night. We are paying just under $600/night for the penthouse.

Best of luck!
  • Thank you so much for the information! The penthouse and brunch sound lovely. We are getting married next October so I am assuming the prices will be just about the same as yours are this year. Please let me know how it is and best of luck on your wedding day - how exciting! Where is your reception?
    Pricing will completely depend on what time of year you are looking into...hotels can over double during peak season and/or peak weekends.

We are working with NYLO hotel (formerly On the Ave Hotel) located on 77th St and Broadway. They have been very accommodating and easy to work with. Our guests have several options for their rooms, plus they have a penthouse that i will be using as the bridal suite. It has a beautiful balcony so as long as the weather holds up this weekend, i will be having a brunch for the bridesmaids on the terrace.

October is one of the most expensive months for hotels and my guests are paying just over $300/night. We are paying just under $600/night for the penthouse.

Best of luck!

• If you want to be super close to your venue, there's the Aloft Harlem on 123rd and Frederick Douglas Blvd.  That is a Starwood brand hotel, on the trendier side compared to say, a Westin.
  • Thank you! Have you ever stayed there?
  • No I haven't, but Starwood properties are usually a safe bet.
  • Everything went beautifully! The only thing i would note is that the elevators run really slow...and only one goes to the penthouse...so just plan extra time for that. They opened like 10 days before our wedding so we didn't have time for a dry run and i about had a panic attack because we were running late. Other than that, all was AMAZING!

We had our ceremony and reception at Central Park Boathouse :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards