Chit Chat
Options

I'M MARRIED!!!

I'M MARRIED!!

Sunday, Oct. 13, went beautifully. We couldn't have asked for a better day. I spent the night at my parents' house (we got married in my hometown), while DH spent the night at the hotel with his GM. 

He had given my mom a card and a gift (pearl stud earrings) for her to give to me on our wedding morning. (I had given his BM the cufflinks and card I wrote for him to give to him that morning, too).

The salon visit went smoothly, and we actually got done early. It was nice -- everything I had budgeted for, time-wise, took LESS time than we thought it would, so we never felt rushed.

At one point the priest was running late and called in a frantic panic, 'Could we get someone to be a sacristan and set up communion?' My godfather, blesshisheart, is a Eucharistic minister, and they had gotten to the church early to just be on hand in case we needed anything, so he set up communion. 

DH and I did a first look, and I was SO GLAD we did. I was nervous, and people freaking out on me that the priest was late and that DH's parents showed up and wanted to be seated in the family pew despite being told no didn't help me.

My dad cried as he walked me down the aisle, but told DH, "I love you," when he gave me away, so that was sweet. The organist (who had shown up to the rehearsal without ANY music) did play the right music, YAY!

The homily was beautiful -- the priest started with a joke, and the rest was very serious and solemn, which I loved. The Mass itself went beautifully, too. I had made programmes for all of the non-Catholics in the audience, and since I'm a writer and DH is a writer, they were long and funny. They were a HUGE hit -- through the receiving line, people kept saying, "I loved your programmes, they were so great!"

We had done most of the photos pre-ceremony (other than the ones of DH and me together), and that made AFTER the ceremony much easier, especially for my two-year-old nephew, who was one of the RBs. 

DH surprised me by renting a car to take us from the ceremony to the reception, which I LOVED -- I loved having that time alone with him to kind of just catch our breath and be together.

The reception was beautiful -- the DJ was great, the food (what I ate of it) was wonderful, everyone had a good time. We drank all the alcohol we'd ordered, so that was awesome, and everyone seemed to have a good time.

We only had five no-shows: my cousin and her husband had their baby the day before the wedding (Saturday), so they didn't come; one of DH's first cousins and her husband didn't come because his brother died very unexpectedly early Sunday morning; and one of DH's co-workers didn't come because her basement flooded in the torrential rain Central PA had late last week. 

We went on a mini-honeymoon to my family's cabin in the northern part of the state, and ALLLLLL of my thank-you notes are written and mailed!

Happy to be an Old, Married Hag!!
Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

Re: I'M MARRIED!!!

• Options
    YAAAAYYYY!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    I am so glad you had a great wedding day!!!!
  • Options
    So happy for you! Any grandmother-in-law stories of the day?
  • Options
    Hooray! Best wishes and congrats to your DH!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Congratulations!!

• Options
    His Gma is BSC!! Good for him for standing up for you! Congrats!! Pics?!!

• Options
    Pretty bride, hot hubby!
  • Options
    Aww, thanks @NYCMercedes!! I think hubby is pretty hot :)
    Anniversary

• Options
    Pretty bride, hot hubby!

When I first read that, I almost wished diarrhea upon you because I saw, "Pretty bride, not hubby!" I guess my eyes are still sleepy :)

@HisGirlFriday13, you look amazing! Congratulations!

• Options
    Congratulations! And holy smokes you look beautiful!
  • Options
    Awww, thank you all! I felt really pretty :)
    Anniversary

• Options
    Congrats! You look gorgeous! 
  • Options

Congrats - I love your dress.

• Options
    Gorgeous!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited October 2013

ETA: I hope you guys don't cut off dear old g-ma. You have the best stories!

Anniversary

• Options

Congratulations hisgirlfriday!

I can't wait to go home and see the pictures.

I am glad that everything turned out well. I was a little worried with DH's grandmother and parents (they were the ones who weren't invited but was planning on coming to the church ceremony, right?)

• Options

Congratulations hisgirlfriday!

I can't wait to go home and see the pictures.

I am glad that everything turned out well. I was a little worried with DH's grandmother and parents (they were the ones who weren't invited but was planning on coming to the church ceremony, right?)

They were -- and they did! Good memory! They showed up at the church, tried to sneak into the sacristy where I was getting ready, tried to horn in on our "first look" photo, and then huffed when they had to leave after the receiving line and couldn't attend the reception. DH's grandmother spent the whole night looking like she was sucking on something sour, according both to our guests and to the photos we've seen so far.

Our photog sent us a "preview" album, with nothing retouched, all raw, and DH was looking through and was like, "My grandmother isn't smiling in any of these photos. WTH??" 
    Anniversary

• Options
    Congratulations!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Beautiful bride, handsome groom!  Love your dress.  Every bride should wear lace.  :)
  • Options
    so happy for you both! congrats! 

ps: did the sleeves come with your dress or did you add after the fact? i want to add similar sleeves to mine. 
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    so happy for you both! congrats! 

ps: did the sleeves come with your dress or did you add after the fact? i want to add similar sleeves to mine. 
    Sleeves came with the dress, which is 45 years old. It was my aunt's dress, and she wore it when she got married in June of 1968. The sleeves were originally longer and came to a point on the back of her hand (very 1960s!), but I had them shortened to 3/4 length. I loved, loved, LOVED having sleeves -- I loved having a dress that was different than most of the dresses that are of the moment right now.
    Anniversary

• Options
    You guys look gorgeous!  So glad  you didn't let anything ruin your day.  Kudos to your handsome hubby for dealing with BSC Granny.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Lobster1987. I loved my dress!!

And DH handled his family beautifully. There's been some residual drama, but I'm out of it and he's ignoring it, so it all works out!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards