New York-Upstate

Upstate NY Photographers

I am curious who people are using for photographers or who have you used? I have inquired with a lot and sadly the ones I love I have missed the boat on because they are already booked! I had a budget in mind but I am starting to wonder if I need to change it to get the kind of pictures I want. To me the pictures are pretty important! SO any suggestions? :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Upstate NY Photographers

• SJMosherSJMosher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a really good Photography and you are on a budge check out Catskill Photography and Creations, the email is Catskillphotography@gmail.com. Ashton has wonderful work, she was with us from the start to finish of the wedding and caught so many special moments. I would hire her again and again. She was able to capture so many different styles for us. 
  • pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget and whereabouts in the upstate NY area are you looking? I'd recommend mine, but I think we're date twins so I don't think that would work out. ^^;; I do have a runner-up I might recommend, but he does charge for travel so a lot depends on where you're located.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Pockysquirrel! Nice to see you on this Upstate NY board as well :-) And you are right I think we are date twins, finally made that decision last week! I would be curious who you are using and your runner up, I have run the gaunlet of searching for photographers and feel like I have contacted everyone out there haha. Not sure on the budget, it really will depend on the work I see. To me the photos are important and I would spend a little more to know that I am getting quality photos since we will be with them the rest of our lives! I am going to be getting married in Lake Placid. By the way I love the colors you finally chose! Especially the purple! I know you told me once but where abouts are you upstate again? :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Albany and using Tim Greer of Camera Famosa, which is out of Schuylerville. The reason why I asked about your location was because my mom recced me a photographer out of Syracuse...which really isn't any closer to your wedding than it is to mine, so I don't think that would be much help to you. :(

And thanks, re. the wedding colors! I feel like switching from the navy to the plum was a good move. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh his work looks great! I had not heard of him, I look forward to seeing your pictures already! Who did you mom recommend... I have actually been in touch with two photogs from 'Cuse. I think I have narrowed it down to a few, its harder than I thought it would be especially the more you get to talk to them and then have to tell one I'm sorry I am going with someone else... way too hard haha. I would go anywhere from $1500- $3200 if the work was awesome. I am finding a few that are charging for travel since we are getting married in Lake Placid but really if I love your pictures I don't mind.

Your dress was the perfect choice too! I hope you found something on Vistaprint for STD or invitations. You know I got mine from pear tree greetings and often check the budget weddings board because people will post deals that they have found!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one my mom recommended is Vernon Burnett. I don't have his website or other details right now - cleaned them out of my email inbox after I booked with Tim - but mom's going to resend it to me tomorrow. If memory serves, he offers a package that's $150 per hour plus travel costs, but don't quote me on that until I can get you more info! I really liked his work, but Tim's personality plus the convenience of working with someone local - especially since we're doing an engagement shoot - won out.

I did find an STD! I had already bought my invitations from a mad sale at Hobby Lobby, and the two designs actually coordinate really nicely! And both even coordinate with the design of my wedding website, crazy how well that worked out. :) Now the only problem I'm facing is deciding which photo of FI and I to use before the sale at VP ends!
  • edited December 2011
    amdesant - since we're not date twins, I'll rec mine to you.  I had my epics done last month and they came out 100% amazing.  His name is Brandon Segal - he teaches at ACC, and lives in Albany, but he's gone as far as the Adirondacks, Cooperstown, and western Mass for weddings.  www.segalphoto.net
  • lehc723lehc723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am an October 6th-er, so my photographers-- Paul and Brenda from Upstate Photographers-- won't be of much help. :-/ Who I was going to look at second, if it didn't work with them, was Jacqueline Lynch:
    http://www.jacquelinelynch.com

I didn't end up getting to meet with her, so I can't say anything other than her photos online are really good, and she's well priced.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I second Brandon Segal. We are also using him and our e-pics came out great! He was very flexible on locations (it rained so we moved to an inside location, and then it stopped so we went back outside) and good and working with my reluctant fiance. Also, his prices were unbeatable in the Albany area, around 500-1000 dollars less than everyone else I talked to.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jayna Anderson (located in either Crown Point or Port Henry, about 1.5 hours from LP) takes GORGEOUS pictures.

She's taken a lot of pictures I've seen for people I went to HS with and has a really nice vibe and I'm sure is very affordable.  I haven't worked with her personally, but she's someone in the area who takes gorgeous shots and you won't have to mortgage your house for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I just talked with my photogs and they are available, and they LOVE lake placid. Feel free to contact them! They're an awesome husband and wife team. http://www.scottkretschmann.com
  • edited December 2011
    For Albany I'm working with Meghan Baker (www.meghansphotography.com). We had our engagment photos with her a few weeks ago and she was great- she even traveled all the way down to NYC just to shoot with us! Her prices are great ($1000 for 8 hrs of coverage, and she's really flexible about working with your budget), and she often works with a 2nd shooter. Her prices were 1/2 of what other photograhers were charging!
  • I had used Rob Spring Photography. http://www.robspringphotography.com/
    He is great to work with on all levels. A friend of mine is also using him in 2012. You should check him out. He is located in Saratoga Springs
  • Chrissy Albright Photography!! We're talking with her right now, and she has done weddings for several of my friends. Her work is absolutely beautiful and her prices are quite reasonable. http://www.chrissyalbright.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards