Chit Chat
Options

response cards problem s

my fiance and I are paying for the wedding. we decided not to have children at the wedding. The only children at the wedding is my Fiance 2 nieces and a nephew, and the ring bearer. when we address each invitation we purposely put Mr. and Mrs. We got a response for 5 people. the 5 people are 2 adults and 3 kids. How do I tell them nicely that their kids are not invited.

Re: response cards problem s

• Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    jtayl962 said:
    my fiance and I are paying for the wedding. we decided not to have children at the wedding. The only children at the wedding is my Fiance 2 nieces and a nephew, and the ring bearer. when we address each invitation we purposely put Mr. and Mrs. We got a response for 5 people. the 5 people are 2 adults and 3 kids. How do I tell them nicely that their kids are not invited.

You have to call them and say you received their response card for five people. The invitation was addressed to two. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are looking forward to seeing you and the Mr. (or Mrs.) You don't give them any reasons (budget, venue size, etc.) because that just gives them an arguing point. If they persist, then you say you'll miss them on the 13th, or whatever date the wedding is, but you hope to see them soon at a mutually convenient time. If this is a guest from your fiance's side, then have your fiance make the call. You just have to remember to stand your ground, be polite, and don't give them any reasons. Good luck.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice
  • Options
    Its so very annoying that people dont get it.  I agree with pp.  Stand your ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards