Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Nervous about booking hair and makeup from afar

So I think these are my last major vendors to find but I am really having a hard time pulling the trigger since I don't have unlimited time for trials, etc. Did anyone else feel this way?

Any tips for easing concerns?

My venue has a list of "preferred" vendors but to be honest I don't necessarily love what I'm seeing in the portfolios (or they require a minimum number of faces/heads and it's only me since I don't have a BP). I've also gotten recommendations from friends of friends so that's giving me another place to start.

Also...
I loved what my (local) makeup artist did for my e-pics so I'm hoping to be able to use those images to guide my day-of makeup (I very rarely wear any so the more natural, the better---I think this is what makes me nervous) Would that be inappropriate?

I've got a friend here who is a hair stylist and he is going to come over and do some trials before the wedding so we can get an idea of what looks good/is feasible and then take pictures. I'm hoping to also be able to use that to guide the stylist.

Thank you for letting me vent...any and all advice or additional thoughts are appreciated :)

Re: Nervous about booking hair and makeup from afar

• Options
    Hmmmm I am just doing my own hair and make-up with the help of my MOH.  But I understand.  I couldn't even see pictures from our resort. So I figured it won't hurt to try myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards