Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Can I get a vote on how bad or tacky this cake looks? read on please...

So, do you think this cake looks tacky on this cake stand? Because the cake form is larger than the stand?

http://www.bz2-img.com/images_customers/04/88/34608974_263088_full.jpg

I bought a similar stand -- the diameter is only 10 1/4", but I had wanted a 6x8x10 cake.  The baker said it might not look right going over.  Can I get a vote here?  My alternative is to get a 4x6x8 cake, which I think it going to look TINY.

I'm 6' tall (with heels) and by partner is 6'4", I just wonder how silly we will look next to a miniscule cake.

Thanks.

Re: Can I get a vote on how bad or tacky this cake looks? read on please...

• Options
    I dont think it looks tacky!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I've been considering that stand as well. Love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's different, I think different is good. Tacky is putting flamingos on top, not the I bought a flamingo cske topper cause I love vegas kind, I mean the I ran by party city and these plastic flamingos would look so cute kind. That would be tacky. Actually that might be kinda cute. Anyway I love the cake stand and as long as u keep it elegant it will look awesome
  • Options
    The cake sort of blends in with the cake stand due to the decorations, so I don't think it looks tacky. It would only look weird if the cake and stand were very different, but the baker made the cake and stand look like a matching set.
  • Options
    The cake sort of blends in with the cake stand due to the decorations, so I don't think it looks tacky. It would only look weird if the cake and stand were very different, but the baker made the cake and stand look like a matching set.
    This is what I was thinking as well. I think the baker made the cake work with this stand - but it's a very unique piece so it would look strange if the cake didn't fit well. Best of luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards