Nevada-Las Vegas

MUA advice please please please !!!!

Hi everyone

I'm a chronic lurker let me admit first, but I would love your help if possible. Getting married May 3,14 and I have a MUA artist booked Tai Mua but I'm getting nervous and concerned because eventhough I like her work she has few pictures of African American  women that have more of a cocoa or dark complexion. In fact this seems to be the issue I am having with most MUA website in vegas they don't depict very many women of color ( not sure why) So I started to research other artist and I am currently in contact with Francesa Lombardo ( thinks thats spelled correctly) anyhow does anyone have any suggestions /recommendations for me , I'm really trying not to stress about this but I can't help but to think I know I'm not the only black woman getting married in vegas so where are the pictures ? Any guidance would sure help . Thanks loves. 

Re: MUA advice please please please !!!!

• Hey, I am a WOC too, so I totally get where you are coming from. My MUA is doing me, plus my mom and future mother-in-law.  She had a few WOC on her site, but I was also concerned about her working on older women.  I asked for extra pics for makeup done on mature skin and what her experience was and she wrote me a really great e-mail that settled my fears.  Something else you can do is get your makeup done locally if that is an option for you.

Over the past couple of months I have got my makeup done 4 times at sephora and it's been great bc although I haven't found that look, I know what I like and I don't like so I will be able to give my mUA more instruction, i.e. no brown, on the day of.

I am getting married this November and booked with Makeup in the 702.
  • Thank you so much for responding , I actually emailed the MUA last night asking if she could provide pictures of WOC she has worked on preferably similar to my skin tone, so hopefully she is responsive. I'm also going to go to the MAC counter and get my make-up done and hopefully I get a feel for the look I want. Thanks again.
  • Im a WOC too and booked with Sin City Makeup Artist Leila. Leila did my trial in September and has HEAPS of experience with cocoa skin tones.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Hey Missmo Thanks for the info , I'm going to check her out  b/c I got a response from the person I booked with and she sent a pic (1 pic ) of a AA bride trial she did and just to be honest it was very underwhelming.
  • Missmo  how has your experience been with Leila so far ? I just sent her request so hopefully she is available on my day. Thanks again
  • You can check out the pictures from my trial on her facebook page. Im the one from 12 September. My make up was GORGEOUS. Leila is expensive but worth it.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards