Nevada-Las Vegas

Bachelorette Party Ideas

AustralianSamAustralianSam member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited October 2013 in Nevada-Las Vegas

Hi All. We are coming to Vegas from Australia for our wedding in October 2014 (we previously were planning for October 2013, but a baby boy put that on hold - but the planning has begun again!). I was hoping you all might be able to give me some ideas for my Bachelorette day/night as we will be having these when we get there.

Ide prefer some sort of day time activity, and then maybe some pre-dinner cocktails somewhere and dinner & dancing after.

Im not a big drinker, or gambler, so after something a little more low-key for the evening. And the day time activity will need to suit our mothers - as they will want to come.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas

• Spas during the day could fun.  I've had great experiences at Caesars, Trump, Mirage and TI!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • We rented out a suite at Caesars to have drinks and food with our friends (co-ed) then the ladies are breaking off to go see Absinthe.
  • I asked a similar question recently as I want something during the daytime so that we can come together as one big group again for the evening dinner

I'm thinking afternoon tea in the Mandarin Oriental might be the best bet! Whatever I do, I will provide reviews when I'm back from my honeymoon in May!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • The Caesar's spa (Qua) is amazing! One of my bridesmaids took me there for the day before my wedding and it was so relaxing. We didn't get any massages or facials or other services (the entrance fee is $45 I think), but still spent a good 4 hours just relaxing in the pools and saunas. It was all-around really relaxing and a great experience. I highly recommend it!

As for pre-dinner cocktails, we went to MiX Lounge for my bachelorette (Mandalay Bay) and it was a lot of fun, great food and drinks and a view that can't be beat.
  • Oooh - some ideas

Daytime
    • Afternoon tea at Petrossian at Bellagio or the Mandarin Oriental 
    • the spas at Encore and Mandarin Oriental are gorgeous. Canyon Ranch and Qua were less impressive to me - but they are also more affordable. And as kellamity says, no need to get a treatment, just the general spa areas are incredibly relaxing and full of wonderful experiences 
    • By October 2014, lots of fun things will be open like the downtown Slotzilla zipline, the zipline at Rio and the huge ferris wheel - might be fun activities if you ladies are daring
    • Google "Las Vegas Scavenger Hunts" - there are lots of options for DIY or guided scavenger hunts which could be a lot of fun, depending on the size of your group and their craziness
    • The Mirage does yoga classes with dolphins and also painting classes with them which might be cute, depending on your comfort with captive animals
    So many cool things to do! 

Cocktails
    • Pick a luxe lounge and keep it classy! FIZZ at Caesars Palace will be open by then for a champagne tasting, Mandarin Oriental is one of my favorite skybars, and the Chandelier Bar at Cosmo is super sparkly and fun to have a sip or two in. 

Something I would seriously consider doing myself if I could do it all over again would be to set up a "beauty bar" in a suite for the afternoon. 

Get some juices and champagne or sparkling wine to make a mimosa bar, some light snacks, and then hire a makeup artist, hairstylist or nail tech or two to come to you. Then you can spend the afternoon lounging in a gorgeous suite and be pampered, then go out when you are ready.

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• Oooh I LOVE the beauty bar idea!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Heya!

We just got back from my best friends wedding in Las vegas (I'm also from Australia)

The bride herself and one of the other ladies are mothers so things didn't get too rowdy but we still had an awesome time.

In the afternoon we had a little in-suite party at the Hard Rock where I hired a photographer (Mary Meyer) AMAZING!
    Mind you... no Alcohol was consumed until dinner, but we still know how to have a good time.

After our shoot, we had dinner at YOLO'S at Planet Hollywood, the food was delicious and staff were very helpful.

After dinner we headed to Chateau Nightclub at Paris. We aren't really clubbers, but the music there was perfect to dance to so had an enjoyable time dancing the night away :)

• @kazzy - oh a champagne tasting would be right up my street (I LOVE it) but unfortunately my female family and friends don't feel the same about the stuff :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards