Wedding Woes
Options

thanksgiving turkey question

have you ever had a store-bought fried turkey? as in, purchased from kfc or popeye's or wherever, not fried in the driveway/backyard/holler? 

how was it and would you get it again?

Re: thanksgiving turkey question

• Options
    No.  
    It does not sound like a good idea.  I want my fried food to be hot and freshly fried.
  • Options
    I have not bought it personally, but it have been to a Thanksgiving where it was done.
  • Options

Yes. One year my aunt got one from Popeye's, and it wasn't bad. It wasn't far off from other fried turkeys I've had.

HOWEVER, this was the Popeye's in Nola, and our Popeye's taste different than other ones in different states. Different, as in more flavor. I've had Popeye's in St. Louis and Florida and it was missing something.

• Options
    No and I probably wouldn't.  Like others have said I like my fried chicken or turkey to be hot and fresh and nice and crisp.

• Options
    Nope. But FI's family bought a Smoked Turkey for Christmas last year. It was delicious and we didn't have to deal with messy clean up!
  • Options
    Nope. But FI's family bought a Smoked Turkey for Christmas last year. It was delicious and we didn't have to deal with messy clean up!
    DH's job usually gives out certificates for Heavenly Ham around the holidays for a ham or a turkey.  Their smoked turkey is delish and yes, the no clean-up this is teh ossum. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards