Wedding Etiquette Forum

The anti-PPD

This articles talks about how Dax Sheppard and Kristen Bell got married for $142 in the courthouse. Thought you all might be interested. It's pretty much the anti-PPD. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2478935/Dax-Shepard-reveals-Kristen-Bell-spent-just-142-wedding.html

Re: The anti-PPD

• That is sweet and refreshing, given the typical Hollywood wedding :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Fabulous. I wish more people thought this was a 'real' option. 
  • What an awesome wedding! It really seems like they've got their priorities straight as compared to most of Hollywood, you know?
  • I love them. 
  • That's awesome.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "'Friends of ours came to the courthouse, and it was just Kristen and I at this lonely Court House, so they brought us this cake afterwards. 'World's Worst Wedding.' How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"

I was happy until I read that. Sounds like they invited friends and not only didn't feed them, but their friends fed them. fail.
  • How sweet :)

I was confused about the friend's part as well. It says later in the article that the couple originally was going to the court house to pick up their license then decided last minute to do the ceremony. Wasn't clear if friends were invited or not. But if so, I agree, they should have hosted those friends, which could have been at the pizza palour around the corner. 
  • I had originally though that too, but after reading further I took it as they probably texted their friends to tell them that they were finally tying the knot, and the friends met them (unprovoked) at the courthouse, and later bought them a cake. They said they only went to get their licensed and the guy offered to marry them on the spot. I definitely don't think it was planned.
  • I feel like their friends may have surprised them with the cake

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Before we all heave a collective sigh of relief wait and see if a year from now they don't have a PPD weddind...
  • Awesome, I like them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards