Wedding Woes

Hipster baby name list

2»

Re: Hipster baby name list

• Bear? Really? Who does that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Frankly, this list isn't nearly as out-there as I originally thought it would be.

Sure, there's Eyelet...and I'm not familiar with Dries, but I expected less Jack, Ruby, and Daisy, and more Quinoa and Denim...stuff like that.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• there were very white names in there (as in, danish/dutch/swedish/finish/belgian/swiss) -- dries, stellan, bryn, farron.

you know -- YOU KNOW -- that those idiots who name their kid "isla" pronounce it like "ISS-la."
  • RoseofOrionRoseofOrion member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013
    My FI's niece is named Kaydance. The k and the y... I can't handle it.
    However, his family likes hipster names. They suggested Jadison (a combination of our names) if we ever have a daughter.
    My SIL (not the niece's mother, ftr) has Dejah Thoris as one of her middle names, along with Lapis Lazuli, and Beautiful (there are more, but they are fairy normal). But I take no issues with these because they are middle names. And frankly, her full name is fun to say and honesty rolls off the tongue quite well.
  • How do you say Dejah?

So, is Kaydance, Cadence?
  • It's pronounced similar to deja vu
    Dejah Thoris is a literary character in the 1917 scifi novel A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs (Disney did a film adaptation called John Carter). FIL is a huge scifi fan, and loved this novel, so it became one of SIL's middle names.

And yes, Kaydance is Cadence.
  • Dejah Thoris is from Princess of Mars.  So it's rather like the Anakin (first name) who pops up on my newfeed
  • My imaginary daughter Fallon might have the middle name Khaleesi. 
  • I kind of like Dejah.  It's different w/o being youneek.  I was hoping it'd be pronounced the way you said.

• OH!  I have a name thing:  DH's middle name was supposed to be Skywalker.  The nurse told his mother no, so it's Luke instead.
  • My dad's mom was a huge Dale Evans fan - from that show with the horse, Trigger? What was that show? Anyway, my dad's a twin, and his brother is Dale, but luckily he got Evan as a middle name. 

I was wondering if "Bacon" would show up on the list (not Bacon, but you know, her real, old grandma name) and was so glad it didn't. Actual unique kids FTW! 
  • baconsmom said:
    My dad's mom was a huge Dale Evans fan - from that show with the horse, Trigger? What was that show? Anyway, my dad's a twin, and his brother is Dale, but luckily he got Evan as a middle name. 

I was wondering if "Bacon" would show up on the list (not Bacon, but you know, her real, old grandma name) and was so glad it didn't. Actual unique kids FTW! 
    Roy Rogers?   Dale Evans was his wife.
  • Yes! Thank you. That was going to bug me all day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards