Wedding Woes

Re: {}

• Options
    Your wedding isn't until 2015. You picked (and asked) them WAY too early. Now you're stuck. Removing them from the bridal party means that you are ending the friendship.

I'm approximately 8 months out from my wedding and have asked no one yet. I know who I'd like to have stand with me on our wedding day, and will ask them in a month or so, but not before.

Wait it out. You have lots of time to make these decisions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dont expect to get a different anwser on a different board. It is never okay to kick BMs out of your wedding party.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well you DD's,but I found all the dirty details in another post: 

Up until last night I had four BMs- Fiance's Sister, Sorority Sister #1, Sorority Sister # 2, and work friend.  Three nights ago Sorority Sister # 2 completely freaks out about me not going to her engagement party (she's been engaged for a year already), which I told her I would not be attending WEEKS ago due to the fact that four days before it my fiance left for the Peace Corps.  She told me I wouldn't know anyone there, that there were "tons of single people" (I'm not single!!!!!), and that no I could not bring a plus one (I would have brought Sorority Sister #1, we all know each other!) .  Keep in mind this is also a freaking outdoor barbecue, so it'snot like I'm trying to bring an uninvited guest to a formal event.  Since fiance left for Peace Corps, she has been completely nonexistent.  She has not answered my phone calls or texts, especially when I have been sad about missing fiance, then she told me I'm completely unsupportive bc I did not go to her party (despite the well in advance notice).  She claims this is "when she needed me most and I wasn't there".  Well for one, I don't know anyone else who's own relationship is that bad that their ENGAGEMENT PARTY is when they 'need' people?  And secondly, she did not care at all when I've been missing fiance.  So now we are not friends and she is not in my wedding. 

Then last night, I was supposed to have work friend come into town (she lives in Tennessee), and she randomly says shes not sure if she's coming or not, even though she bought plane tickets a month ago.  I tell her I need to know because this changes my weekend plans, and she never gets back to me.  She then updates her facebook status about all the things she is doing this weekend (in TN), and never told me whethere she was coming or not.  If I hadn't been on FB, I would have been at the airport looking for her!  So I have not spoken to her since.  Red flag for a BM?  My mother, fiance, and MOH (sorority sister #1) seem to think so, and I agree.  

Has anyone else had bridesmaids from the black lagoon?  And how did you hande it?
  • Options

I'll go on the record saying this wedding is never going to happen. The Peace Corps changes people, and he will have ZERO patience for this kind of BS when he gets back. 

I mean, the BM friends sound like wenches, but it also says a lot that OP is a wench-magnet.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_worlds-worst-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0b51f131-539d-4fbc-aabd-d0947a522f54Post:f1c65bda-24d3-405c-add6-ce08087c57a4">Re: {}</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll go on the record saying this wedding is never going to happen. The Peace Corps changes people, and he will have ZERO patience for this kind of BS when he gets back.  I mean, the BM friends sound like wenches, but it also says a lot that OP is a wench-magnet.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards