July 2014 Weddings

Bridal Shows

Hey ladies!

I got engagd in December 2011 and of course couldn't wait to start attending bridal shows.  I went to one in January and was shocked when some of the vendors became uninterested in talking to us because our wedding date was so far out yet.  Then we went to another bridal show in March and it was worse then the one in January.  I refuse to go to another bridal show until this coming January (the wedding will be a year and a half away then).  Has anyone else experienced rude vendors at bridal shows??

Re: Bridal Shows

• I haven't found any to be rude, but didn't seem as interested in talking since my wedding is so far away.  Unfortunately, that isn't going to get business from me when it comes down to choosing vendors. 
  • I went to my first expo in February of this year and so many people wearnt interested in talking to me. I kept hearing "well you have time", but you know what, I met 2 awesome people there and now they are my DJ and my wedding venue. And with me "having time" I was able to get the DJ to knock off $300 and the venue to cut the price almost in 1/2 plus add things on. So I say expo on and don't let the stupid ones get you down :)
    Good luck!!!
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Hey ladies!

I got engagd in December 2011 and of course couldn't wait to start attending bridal shows.  I went to one in January and was shocked when some of the vendors became uninterested in talking to us because our wedding date was so far out yet.  Then we went to another bridal show in March and it was worse then the one in January.  I refuse to go to another bridal show until this coming January (the wedding will be a year and a half away then).  Has anyone else experienced rude vendors at bridal shows??

@stephaniestout3

If they become uninterested or rude, they're probably not a good vendor to be working with. The vendors I went with knew they had to wait about a year before the wedding (some were longer) and they didn't mind one bit.

I did experience it with a couple of vendors at bridal shows and I actually told them right there that they could forget about me because I wasn't going to waste my time with someone like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards