March 2014 Weddings

Invitations

Am I the only one not including response cards? I just couldn't afford the extra postage and the cost of the cards. I, instead, included an RSVP line on the invitation. We are having a pretty small (125 guests) wedding and know the people who are invited on a pretty personal level. Family and close friends type of thing.

Re: Invitations

• You should include RSVP cards. You can eliminate the reception card and include it on the invitation itself. It's $.46 to return a RSVP. You have 125 guests which, if it's couples you're looking at 60-65 invites having to go out.

Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • You can set up your wedding website on here and have them RSVP to that...
  • RJD5 said:
    You can set up your wedding website on here and have them RSVP to that...
    While I agree with that, what about those of the "older" generation that don't know how to use computers, let alone have one?  What will they do to RSVP?  

Personally, an extra card w/envelope isn't going to set you back a super lot.  Even if you do a postcard type RSVP, much cheaper than putting on in an envelope, I'm sure...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • RJD5 said:
    You can set up your wedding website on here and have them RSVP to that...
    While I agree with that, what about those of the "older" generation that don't know how to use computers, let alone have one?  What will they do to RSVP?  

Personally, an extra card w/envelope isn't going to set you back a super lot.  Even if you do a postcard type RSVP, much cheaper than putting on in an envelope, I'm sure...
    We're having DIY invites. The RSVP cards will instruct them in RSVP to the wedding website, but we're also going to type up "real" RSVP cards to those that don't get online. The thing that makes it difficult for us to do RSVP cards on "real" cards is that I need to know WHO is requesting which meal, not just how many of each meal. I have to have 2 separate place cards; one for each meal option so that the caterers know which meal to deliver to which person
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards