Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Using culinary students?

I've been browsing the threads on this board and have seen a lot of people suggesting to use culinary students to help prepare/set up/serve your food...my question is, what would you pay them? A close friend of mine is in culinary school and has planned a few weddings before and has offered to help me with my reception/food and to talk to some fellow students to see if they would be willing to help.

My question is, what would be an acceptable amount to pay them? Would you want to draw up a contract for them like you would with a regular vendor, and if so how would you go about doing this?

Any tips people have about those questions or anything to do with using culinary students would be much appreciated!

Re: Using culinary students?

• If your friend has done this before, can you ask her what the going rate is in your area?  And I would absolutely still have a contract with them.  Whenever you are giving someone money in exchange for something, it's a good idea to formalize your agreement in them with writing to make sure you both have the same understanding of what's expected, at a minimum.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards