Wisconsin

Photographers in Waukesha/Brookfield/Milwaukee area

Hi all! I've been lurking on the knot forever, but I think this is my first post!!

I've got the church, reception hall, and DJ booked-next big thing on my list is the photographer. It is one of the most important things to me, so it is pretty stressful! I was really leaning towards George Street, but I've seen a lot of poor reviews. Anyone worked with them? My budget at the max for photographer is probably $3k including print release and album, and we'd prefer to stick between $2-2,500. Any experience, advice, reviews etc is welcome!! Thank you all :)

Re: Photographers in Waukesha/Brookfield/Milwaukee area

• We actually had George Street for our engagement photos, but the communication was awful and the photos were worse. We fired them and went with Light Source Photography out of Kenosha. Don't know if we are supposed to talk about how much we spent on our photographer, but we got Cathleen (the owner), a second photographer, 8 hours, an engagement session, a flash drive with printing rights for both the wedding and the engagement, and we just ordered our album. Supposedly, it's designed by Cathleen and handmade out of either Italy or France. In total, we spent $2400. I don't know if it was a special or what, but she was awesome. We loved the two photographers and can't wait to use them for a maternity shoot in a few years ;).

I've also heard good things about the McCartneys out of Wausau, but if I remember right, their minimum package was $4500 which was like twice my budget. They use film and digital which is cool if you like that look. Hope this helps.
  • Thank you, that was very helpful! I'm going to look up Light Source right now.
  • We used Front Room, and the service is really unmatched. They're excellent. A little pricey, but we also opted for all of the "bells and whistles". Their basic packages would fit your budget.

Here's a really comprehensive list to search through...

http://www.marriedinmilwaukee.com/milwaukee-wedding-photographers

• We used Daisy Fields Photography and she is amazing!  Highly, highly recommend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using sbPhotography. We have already had our engagement session and are absolutely in love with the way they work together and the way our photos turned out. Our wedding is in the Madison area but they are from your area. They are EXTREMELY well priced as well-especially for the quality of work they do. I'm pretty sure they still have specials on their Facebook as well. I would highly reccommend them.
  • I went with Andrea Ryerson and I LOVE her!  Her prices are really reasonable and she is awesome to work with.  I would highly recommend her. 
  • How did everything go? I hope you found someone's work that you love!
  • We used Lotus fly.   She is awesome!
  • Jen Sexton Photography.  She is amazing and very reasonable.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2013

@knotporscha not sure if she's allowed to post about her own business...
  • Cilento Photography Www.cilentophotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards