Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

When to highlight?

I want to get highlights before my wedding (I like my hair lighter, but I'm currently trying to grow out the last bits of color I have left). How far before the wedding should I get them? I don't want to have two-toned grown out hair, but I also don't want that too-new too-light color...

Re: When to highlight?

• I've heard to color your hair 2 weeks before your wedding.  That should give it enough time to not look "too-new,"  but not long enough that you should have grow out.
  • I got my hair highlighted about 2.5 weeks before my wedding.  It gave it time to "settle in" but not enough time for it to start to grow out.

• When you have your hair colored, how long does it take before you think it looks perfect? That's the time frame I would go for. I had my hair colored 6 days before the wedding because I like the color best when in the first 2 weeks, when it's nice and dark and vibrant.
  • my girl told me to come 10 days before... also if you are getting blonde highlights you want enough time especially if you are going on a honeymoon and will be in a pool.  blonde and chlorine... :)
  • I got my hair trimmed and highlighted 2 weeks before my wedding. 

• I'm highlighting 4 days before. I love my hair right after it's done. I swear I see greys a couple weeks out and I don't want to worry about it on my honeymoon. My hair removal timeline is 2 days. It's such a fine line. Sigh. Being a girl is a pain in the ass :))
  • Ven&Radio said:
    When you have your hair colored, how long does it take before you think it looks perfect? That's the time frame I would go for. I had my hair colored 6 days before the wedding because I like the color best when in the first 2 weeks, when it's nice and dark and vibrant.
    This. I am most likely doing the week before. But I've heard 1-2 weeks before.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I did my highlights & final trim 2 weeks before the wedding. I had done a full color about 1 1/2 - 2 months before my wedding. I was worried if I did highlights on top my existing highlights that it would be too blond for me so I did a full color to match my roots so basically starting off with a clean slate when I did my highlights.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards