Ohio-Toledo

Reception Dishes Suggestion?

Looking for advice...I've recently been looking at different wedding blogs and have noticed the trend of collecting plates and such from thrift stores to add a bit of an eclectic feel to the reception dinner.
Has anyone seen this done or done it themselves? I like the idea but wonder if it's really more work than it's worth (i.e. hauling all the plates around, cleaning them afterwards). I don't want to get too ambitious here : ) but it does seem to fit well with our reception theme.

Re: Reception Dishes Suggestion?

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

How many people are you hosting?  This seems more reasonable for a guest list of 50 as opposed to a guest list of 250. 

Personally, I think it sounds like a major PITA for you, both in preparation and clean up.  As a guest, I probably wouldn't even notice the variety that you collected anyway.  I would probably skip this idea.

If you do choose to gather everything, I do think it could look unique/good if you have the time to put into it. 

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think it'd be a huge pain to not only find and collect that many dishes, but also clean (prior to using and after), and figure out what you're going to do with all those dirty dishes immediately after the reception.  And then what are you going to do with them after?  I also feel like it could get pricy.

I'd skip it, only because I don't think the impact it will make will be worth the time put into it.  If you'd really like to collect plates/vaces/cups, why not buy some and do some sort of an eclectic center piece.  I've seen really beautiful centerpieces with either candles or flowers encorporated with a variety of vintage dishes.
  • Brookwood56Brookwood56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we're looking at having about 150 people...probably best to skip this concept but just thought'd I'd ask : ) I'll have to work on the centerpiece idea...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards