Pre-wedding Parties

Mad Hatter Bridesmaids Luncheon?

Once again- trying to accommodate a young bridesmaid....

I am looking to the future and I want to do something fun for my girls- Does anyone has an opinion about a Alice in Wonderland themed tea party? I would have other drinks too but all served from tea pots including Soda and before we have it I will take a trip to a potter painting place and make some custom tea cups for them to take home at the end of the party.

Any input on how to make this better? Its 6 girls total Bride, MOH, 3 Bridesmaids, and the female usher.

Thanks!

Re: Mad Hatter Bridesmaids Luncheon?

• KD+AR said:

Once again- trying to accommodate a young bridesmaid....

I am looking to the future and I want to do something fun for my girls- Does anyone has an opinion about a Alice in Wonderland themed tea party? I would have other drinks too but all served from tea pots including Soda and before we have it I will take a trip to a potter painting place and make some custom tea cups for them to take home at the end of the party.

Any input on how to make this better? Its 6 girls total Bride, MOH, 3 Bridesmaids, and the female usher.

Thanks!
    If I'm being honest, it seems like a bit much. I've been a bridesmaid several times and have never had a bride host a bridesmaid luncheon.

Why not put the money you would spend on the luncheon towards their bridesmaid gift?
  • If you want to have a luncheon, have a luncheon! If it's in your budget, you should do it and have fun with it. 

Over-the-top themes remind me of a kid's birthday party, but I think you can bring in elements of Alice and Wonderland with dishes, menu, colors, place settings, etc. without coming across as too gaudy/themey. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I actually already have their gifts. My twin sisters got a picture frame with a picture of all of us playing dress up with our mother when they were 4 and I was 12, even our mother was in some goofy out fit. It was something that has made us all sad that we wouldn't get dressed up together on our wedding days with our mother (as she passed 10 years ago) and had her song engraved on the frames I had one made for myself too. My maid of honor got a necklace. A pretty white gold pendant with a small diamond in it. My youngest sister is the only one who I don't have anything for, she is just harder to buy for..
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    Personally, I would love that.
    ETA the tea party, I mean.
  • I think it sounds fun. I'd like to drink soda from tea cups, i'd feel more refined. :)

Anniversary
  • I don't mean like the Disney or Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland- I am thinking classic Alice. I was thinking of making the invitations myself. Like with Water Colors.... all my wedding planning other than these few small things are done..... so I have a bit of extra time for a few months, and I love painting so I figured that could be fun. I am a bit of a DIY bride. I also found this cute and cheap idea for decorations. Glue, and cement and tissue paper ($15) and I can make some large flowers that I can then donate them to the middle or high school for play props.

Like this pic but aimed at adults a bit more. 
  • If your hosting, it's your call.  It sounds nice.  You may want to consider some other girly things that a younger BM can do as well.  Such as getting mani/pedis, getting makeup done, ect.  Is this something you're doing for your girls in the days before the wedding as a thank you?  If so, I would just be sure it's tailored to something all would enjoy.  
  • I am doing this, and getting everyone nails done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards