Moms and Maids

bridal shower question

I am the MOH for my best friend who happens to live about 2000 miles away. After much discussion my DH and I have decided that I can fly out for the weekend of her bridal shower. Despite being very far away, I am taking charge of the bridal shower planning with her other 8 BMs. I plan to help with all aspects and chip in my share financially. Would it be of poor taste to give a small personalized gift to her for the shower, since the real gift will be me flying to see her? The other BMs are thinking about going in together on a larger item for her as a gift, but financially for me that may not be something I could do.
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bridal shower question

• That is absolutely fine! Often, the shower itself is the gift from the BMs to the bride.

Also: holy huge wedding party, Batman! Nine attendants?!? Jeebus.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  •  

That is absolutely fine! Often, the shower itself is the gift from the BMs to the bride. Also: holy huge wedding party, Batman! Nine attendants?!? Jeebus.

Yes, 9 attendants! Not her idea at all, it was her SO! She had a very hard time figuring out 9 that she is close enough with to be in the wedding, where he had a hard time narrowing it down to 9. It is going to be one big wedding party! And dear lord planning a bachelorette and bridal shower with 8 other women is very interesting.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can absolutely give your own small gift, but I'd wait to see what they pick to split. Splitting anything nine ways would bring down the cost significantly - perhaps less tan you'd spend on the small gift, and like PP said, one of your gifts is the shower.

One of my friends put a $500 wine fridge on her registry, thinking she was being little gauche, but 7 of us split it making it a hell of a lot more reasonable.
  • blancokm said:

That is absolutely fine! Often, the shower itself is the gift from the BMs to the bride.

Also: holy huge wedding party, Batman! Nine attendants?!? Jeebus.

Yes, 9 attendants! Not her idea at all, it was her SO! She had a very hard time figuring out 9 that she is close enough with to be in the wedding, where he had a hard time narrowing it down to 9. It is going to be one big wedding party! And dear lord planning a bachelorette and bridal shower with 8 other women is very interesting.

There is no rule that says the sides have to be even. If he wanted nine and he wanted three, that would have been fine.

I realise it's water under the bridge now, but note to any lurkers: sides don't have to be even!! :)
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards