June 2014 Weddings

Rehearsal Dinners

What are your plans for the rehearsal/dinner?  We would like to do it the Friday night before our wedding due to out of town guests/wedding party guests.  I really wanted something casual (and inexpensive) --like pizza and beer.  We have a great local restaurant that also serves speciality microbrews with a party room, BUT they do not take reservations for Friday or Saturday nights.  WtF?  They refused my 40 guaranteed guests. 

I don't know what we will do now, there are not a lot of non-chain restaurant choices in our city. Blah.
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinners

• We're just having everyone back to our house and grilling out with a fire pit, drinks and corn hole. The guys will probably crash here and we will go to the hotel or something along those lines lol that's crazy they won't take a guarantee 40 people, are there any other restaurants you could try?
  • We're just having everyone back to our house and grilling out with a fire pit, drinks and corn hole. The guys will probably crash here and we will go to the hotel or something along those lines lol that's crazy they won't take a guarantee 40 people, are there any other restaurants you could try?
    There are some other options, but we're trying to keep it under $500.  We don't want it at our house b/c people will want to linger, and I will want to go to bed early.  At a restaurant I will be able to sneak out early :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ah good point! Could another house host it lol or the place you're having the ceremony have it right afterwards? If not could you have someone go to the restaurant a towards the end of the rehearsal and request seating for your party?
  • Ah good point! Could another house host it lol or the place you're having the ceremony have it right afterwards? If not could you have someone go to the restaurant a towards the end of the rehearsal and request seating for your party?
    Thanks for the help & support.  All of our family are from out of state/country.  I'm sure we'll find another restaurant.  I mean someplace will want our money, right? 

What is everyone else doing for your rehearsal?
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elBecko said:
    We are thinking about doing a Qdoba burrito/taco bar in our church fellowship hall. If we do this, we would also buy the stuff for an ice cream sundae bar. The cons of that arrangement is that we are having a cake and punch reception there, so we wouldn't be able to decorate for that until after the RD, and it's a morning wedding.

Our other option is going with a local business that has all kinds of crazy hotdogs (and other options). It's definitely a true West Virginia experience, haha. I would love to do it there, but I'm afraid to eat a big greasy meal the night before, because I don't want to be sick to my stomach the next morning.  I'm really sensitive to grease and salt.

Also, is still too early to be planning the RD? FI's parents are generously paying, but FMIL has been on my back getting it planned for a really long time. I told her that places wouldn't take reservations until after the new year. 

If the venue/restaurant will take the reservation, then it's not too early.  Since we want a party room at a restaurant, they are taking those reservations now, so I figure why wait.  Friday nights tend to book up fast around here, especially in June.  
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having our rehearsal at the church on Friday night afterwards we are hosting a several course dinner for guests at fancy hotel/restaurant in the downtown area.  We haven't booked it yet but this is the plan.

Anniversary

• We're just going to have everyone gather at J's parents and do a grill some burgers and hot dogs, have some drinks, etc...weather permitting, although I haven't even considered an alternate plan in case of rain. I reckon we could move everything into the garage. Hmmm, I'll have to speak to to his parents about this soon.
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• We are having ours in the church basement on Friday evening. FMIL is taking care of getting the food.
  • Lavender123Lavender123 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Trying to keep food and drinks simple!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards