Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Planner/Day of Coordinator Rec's

I think I am looking for something less than a full blown planner, but more than just a day of coordinator. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wedding Black & White, Sepia

Re: Planner/Day of Coordinator Rec's

• Ashley Henry with Simply Elegant is absolutely phenomenal!
  • What kind of tasks are you looking to have them help out with? I also used Ashley and my recommendation for/against her would depend on what you are looking to have the do.  Also, have you selected a venue yet? You might get a pretty good planner with your venue and not need the outside person.
  • I do have a venue, but there's no planner with it. We're getting married at Harriet Island. I think what I'm looking for is to have someone to make sure all the vendors are there, the decor is set up, everything is arranged and organized and set up and takedown goes according to plan and schedule without me or my family having to worry about it.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Yep, she could do that pretty well. IMHO, her downside is helping find vendors. If you already have your vendors, then she can help you come up with a schedule for the day-of. Pay attention to the number of hours you get with her though if you want her help in both setup and teardown. I ended up having to buy additional hours in order to cover both.
  • I would highly recommend Jamie Menier with Fabulous Functions (www.FabulousFunctions.com). She is great for all of the tasks that you listed to make your day perfect. My two older sisters got married in the last four years and both had Jamie as their day of the wedding coordinator so I got to know her as well. Now I am getting married August 2014 and I am also having Jamie as my coordinator. My parents loved her and said they would never do another wedding without her. She meets with you several times during your planning process to provide any help or recommendations, she is a great resource for vendor tips. The day of the wedding she is there to help with everything you listed above. Both my sisters hired her for a certain amount of hours but pretty sure she worked a little over them with no complaint to make sure everything was set before she left. You can absolutely not go wrong with hiring Jamie! Let me know if you have any questions :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards