Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

The Perfect Location

Hi Girls, I need your help!

I'm trying to plan a wedding for next fall either September or October with an indoor/outdoor option. I'm sure most of you are aware that I am very limited to different places because they are mostly booked! I really want a rustic/nature feel and for the ceremony and reception to be held at the same location. However, I am finding it very difficult to find a place that is suitable for both with my limited choices. I was also trying to find a place that maybe wasn't a typical wedding venue?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Re: The Perfect Location

• how far are you willing to go. there is a place called bear creek. I don't know what options they have
  • I live in Montgomery County and there are a few rustic places out here. The Barn on Bridge in Collegeville is very popular so it could be booked but you can try getting in touch with them. It's owned by Robert Ryan Catering who also own Columbia Station (a train station) in Phoenixville and Welkenweir in Pottstown - an old mansion but you have to have a tented wedding there but it overlooks a lake and has beautiful grounds.   In Skippack there is a barn called Lochwood Estates which does weddings.  I don't know much about it but the photos are beautiful.  Duportail House in Devon has a rustic barn and an historic house for their weddings. Depending on the size of your wedding, Bolingbroke Mansion in Radnor has a beautiful outdoor ceremony set up and garden grounds for pictures.  It's an old house not really a typical mansion..  My florist does a lot of rustic weddings and her blog might have some photos and ideas on it.  She's great if you need a rustic florist.  whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com
  • The Audubon Center at Mill Grove also does weddings.  I don't know any of the details, but it would probably be worth looking into since you want a nature feel.
  • Close to Bear Creek is Longswamp B&B. It's a DIY, I'm getting married there next October. There is a gazebo and barn.
  • My parents were married at Sweetwater Farms. It's beautiful, rustic, and has some outdoor options! I think it is also reasonably priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards