Wedding Woes
Options

Everyone survive the storm?

Have good weekend?

Friday night I went to my folks for my dad and 2 nieces bday.  DH stayed home so he slept in and did some running Saturday.  Yesterday 6let had a party at a tramp place so he took a nap when we got home.  Generally a good weekend.

Re: Everyone survive the storm?

• Options
    The worst of it stayed north of us.  One of  my co-workers and someone from my mom board was in one of the tornadoes that touched down around here.  Everyone is OK, thankfully. 

The weekend was OK.   DH and I were both in weird moods all weekend. 

I worked on Saturday and then went to see Wicked with my mom and sisters.  Wicked had the best cast I've seen in the three times I've seen the show (once in Chicago and twice here). 

I tried sushi for the first time.  It's not my thing.  DH took the boys to my IL's on Saturday for MIL's bday and then ended up spending the night.  Yesterday, we just stayed at the house and watched football and the weather. 
  • Options

Our weekend was good - Shedd Aquarium, spending time with great friends.

We drove right through the damn storm.  It was terrifying.  We saw a semi turned over and hit the Pontiac and Washington, IL areas just after the tornados ripped through.  We actually wanted to pull over and find shelter, but there was nowhere to stop.

These are a few pics I took along the way.

• Options
    Damn, Taw.  I saw your semi pic on FB.  How awful and terrifying. 

• Options

We saw Harry Potter in the theater on Saturday -- the local indie theater is doing all of the Harry Potters from this past weekend until the first of the year, so we're pretty damn stoked. Afterwards, we went to my husband's hometown and celebrated his mom's birthday.

Yesterday, we slept in until like 12:45 because we stayed up until 3. In the evening, we went and bought a Nest because my husband's a nerd.

We were supposed to get bitchslapped by the storm, but it never happened. We heard like a half dozen rumblings of thunder, saw very little lightning, and had just a moderate downpour. Lame.

• Options
    Damn taw
  • Options
    Glad everyone is okay. I am still pregnant. Pedicure, walking, eating spicy food, cleaning my house, a relaxing bath, and sex have failed to do anything. I got 3 hours of sleep last night in between a general inability to get comfortable, bathroom trips, contractions, and my over active mind. Today is going to be a freaking delight.
  • Options

Wow1 Those pics are scary, Taw. Glad all is well.

Meg, today is going to be the day. I got $1 on it.

• Options
    Taw - sheeeeeeeeeat!

Weekend was ok. Went to a friends house for a weenie roast dinner. That was good, DH was being kind of a stick in the mud b/c he didn't know the menfolk all that well. I was in a funk Sunday, DD was still sleep deprived from the night before, so she was acting odd. Yeah, and those superstores were just about as profound as juche mentioned. Underwhelming.

Trying to also figure out where to go for my Bday coming up. I need to get out of Dodge :-/
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Taw, that is terrifying.  Apparently, our little city was surrounded by tornadoes all weekend.  We were sunny and it actually was in the 70s.  Sunday was hella windy though.  Lots of the convention speakers were stuck in town b/c the airport was canceling so many flights out.

I've almost lost my voice, but we gained at least one new paid member (yay)!, I talked my face off to a bunch of potentials, I attended some amazing workshops and speakers, really got to know some of our members, met a lot of the movers/shakers in our community AND received a lot of really great feedback/validation/critiques of my leadership ability that I very much appreciated.
  • Options
    My weekend started out shitty.  Got rear-ended by a young punk on Friday night. DD was with me and we're both fine, except every muscle in my body is sore.  I'm miserable right now.  
    Sunday we had DD's birthday party which went really well.  People had fun and I didn't lose my mind, so I guess that's a success.  :)
    But really, I think adrenaline got me through Friday night to Sunday afternoon, because I knew I had a lot to do for the party and didn't have time to be sore from the accident.  So last night after the party, my body just started screaming at me.  I need some muscle relaxers.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Oh no AF!  :(   Have you gone to the doc?  

I'm glad you and DD are all right and it wasn't worse.  Take care. 

Getting rear ended suuuuckks. 
  • Options
    I'm so glad you guys are ok, AF.  Maybe you should get checked out just to be sure.
  • Options

Oh, and we also got a bunch of wedding pictures from my mother-in-law, and one of the pictures is possibly the best picture ever taken of my husband and myself:

There will never be a better picture of us than this picture.

• Options
    Weekend was a mixed bag. Thankfully we didn't have any big plans because the Bean had a wicked time overnight Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We think it was a combo of teething, stuffy/runny that gave her a cough, a wicked diaper rash we are putting her in disposable dipes for the full bore rash cream, and maybe an earache? She was pulling on her ears a ton, but stopped yesterday. The fever was a one day thing and the white cap I was watching is growing.

But we ate well all weekend, sister's jerk chicken was awesome last night, but the consensus was more scotch bonnets next time. I didn't get any dinner prep done for the week, but after the Bean was in bed last night we got some bcbc in. Then she woke up coughing and was up an hour and a half so I didn't get into bed until midnight. The coffee is amazing this morning.
  • Options
    Ugh Jojo, it must be going around. DefConn's also got a cough/cold/yuck going on.  The ear tubes are working and that's a yay...but it's also nasty as hell.  At least it's not staying in his ears any longer. 

DH thought up the brilliant idea of letting DefConn sleep in the kiddo's room on Friday night when I had to work Saturday morning.  The kiddo's wanted to have a 'sleepover' with DefConn in his room...Cute, right?  Yeah, but DefConn woke me up with his coughing at 1:15am.  I went to check on him and he wanted to come with me to my bed.  Somehow, I'm the one that ended up on the couch. ::le sigh::  Sleeping in yesterday, alone, was glorious. 
  • Options
    DD has a bad cold with a phlegmy cough that has had her throwing up every evening post-tube feed. It's a bad cold going around right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards