Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding Budget

Hello everyone! I used to be on this board ALL THE TIME when I was planning my wedding 3 years ago. (sigh) I miss it so much and now I am helping dear friends of mine plan theirs. Here are the details...

Budget under $10,000
150 guests roughly
Looking for a "clean slate" venue to work with (she wants to dress it herself if possible)
They would like the ceremony to be at the venue
Hoping for 2014 Labor Day weekend (flexible) & willing to do a Friday or Sunday
Looking pretty much all over Chicagoland including all surrounding suburbs
Looking for photographer options too 

Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated! 

Re: Wedding Budget

• Options
    TOTAL budget for the wedding, or just reception?

Starline loft space in Woodstock is a neat space you could do a lot with. It's near a Metra stop for guests coming in from the city. They SHOULD be able to hold 150.

Kitchen Chicago would probably be pretty cramped.

Revolution Brewery has a second floor space you could do a lot with and reasonable pricing, but not sure if 150 would fit.

It's definitely not Chicagoland, but when I emailed Starved Rock about their reception packages, I was pretty floored to find out how inexpensive it was (compared to Chicago) apps, dinner with deluxe 4 hours of open bar were approx. $60 per person total. But they book up FAST. I am sure Labor Day til 2020 is already booked.

Photographer I just mentioned in another thread, Markit Photography. Kristi is reasonably priced, does great work and is super nice.

• Options
    I had my wedding (seems like ages ago...2009/2010) at Prairie Production.  It meets some of the requirements you mention in your post and they don't have a catering co list so in theory you can really cut costs that way too.  We brought in our own liquor and that saved a ton of money.  
    The place is a photo studio during the week and a total clean slate.  We had our ceremony there too!  Good luck!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards