Wedding Invitations & Paper

Saving $ and time with invites, but don't know where to find!

I have been thinking about sending out an invitation/ RSVP combo card. Let me explain first my idea... 

Front- would include engagement photo (or any other ideas any of you may have!)
Back of front side- Includes all ceremony, reception, and hotel information. 

Front of second "page"- RSVP tear away (like a postcard)- I will already include their names on there and that we have reserved X number seats. Blah, blah, blah look forward to seeing you at our wedding, etc. 
Back of second "page"- return address, mailing address and postage preattached. 

I'll also be including two inserts for directions and where we are registered. 

Has anyone had success with these? Thoughts about them? Also, where can I find them and does anyone know of any good deals that are out there for invites?

I'm looking to save as much money as possible because I am forking out 90% of the money for my wedding since our families have next to no money. 

Thanks!

Re: Saving $ and time with invites, but don't know where to find!

• My sister had these, but she bought them through pre printed and it didn't offer a photo option. 
    Here is one site I found that offers what you are talking about, but they aren't cheap:

I used vista print. Had 5x7 flat invites with no inner envelope and postcards for the reply card. I found this to be cheaper than the all in one option you are looking for.
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I have been thinking about sending out an invitation/ RSVP combo card. Let me explain first my idea... 

Front- would include engagement photo (or any other ideas any of you may have!)
    Back of front side- Includes all ceremony, reception, and hotel information. 

Front of second "page"- RSVP tear away (like a postcard)- I will already include their names on there and that we have reserved X number seats. Blah, blah, blah look forward to seeing you at our wedding, etc. 
    Back of second "page"- return address, mailing address and postage preattached. 

I'll also be including two inserts for directions and where we are registered. 

Has anyone had success with these? Thoughts about them? Also, where can I find them and does anyone know of any good deals that are out there for invites?

I'm looking to save as much money as possible because I am forking out 90% of the money for my wedding since our families have next to no money. 

Thanks!
    You should NEVER include anything about registries or gifts in your invitations.

• My sister had these, but she bought them through pre printed and it didn't offer a photo option. 
    Here is one site I found that offers what you are talking about, but they aren't cheap:

I used vista print. Had 5x7 flat invites with no inner envelope and postcards for the reply card. I found this to be cheaper than the all in one option you are looking for.
    GL! :)

Cute! But they look expensive. Could you just print these yourself on card stock. No picture maybe or break away option but cheaper for sure.
  • Maybe it's just my friends but the last five weddings I've been to they've included registry information as well. If it's offensive thing I never noticed and I actually appreciate the info personally. If it's not supposed to be included then do I need to send another letter with them or what would you suggest?
  • There are companies that do tear-away postcard RSVPs. I think MagnetStreet has them. 

Do not include registry info with your invitations. Lots of people do it b/c they don't know any better. Don't be one of those people. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Maybe it's just my friends but the last five weddings I've been to they've included registry information as well. If it's offensive thing I never noticed and I actually appreciate the info personally. If it's not supposed to be included then do I need to send another letter with them or what would you suggest?
    People know how to find your registry if they want to purchase off it or they will ask you or a close family member for the info. Make sure your moms and MOH know where your are registered. The only time registry info can be included in a mailing is by the hostess of your bridal shower, if you have one. You should not host your own shower or send the invites, but the hostess should confirm the guests she plans to invite are in fact invited to the wedding. You can include registry info on your wedding website and tell people if they ask. 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Ann's Bridal Bargains has the tear-away ones. They are called Seal & Send, I believe.
  • Ditto @PhotoKitty -- we did postcards STDates and RSVPs, and over-sized postcards that we mailed in envelopes with a direction insert and the RSVP card for our wedding.

Total cost for the STDates, invites and RSVPs (printing) was $93. The direction inserts (printing) were $7. Postage was $84.50 total, so we spent less than $200 on stationery.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards