North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Dress shopping

Hi! Does anyone have any suggestions on wedding dress shopping in the Triangle? Nothing super high-end ... I want to keep it less than $1,000. Preferably a lot less. :)

Thanks!

Re: Dress shopping

• David's Bridal (several locations) or Bridal Mart in Burlington! I bought my dress at David's at Southpoint for $500. I would have bought it at Bridal Mart because I liked the selection there much better, but you have to go early enough. I am getting married in October and I went in June, but they couldn't guarantee my dress would arrive in time to get it altered before the wedding. Unless you find something off the rack, but I didn't want a dress countless other people have tried on!
  • Thanks! I'm thinking about trying Bridal Mart because I've read pretty good reviews. My wedding is next May, so I should have enough time! David's is my other option so far. Thanks for responding!
  • Good luck and congratulations!!!
  • Thank you, same to you!
  • I had several bad experiences at David's and honestly hope I never have to go back.  I found my dress at A Bridal World - part of Around Again Consignments in North Raleigh (near Triangle Town Center).  They had a much larger selection than I thought they would and the dresses were in excellent condition.  They did not show me anything out of my price range and had great personal service.  

• Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't even come across that place in my research.
  • Got my dress on Friday at Bridal Mart ... it was originally $1,200 but I got it for $398. Definitely recommend that place! I went on Friday morning and there were only two other brides there. Once you get over standing around in your underwear in a group dressing room, it's a lot of fun! :)

• So glad you found it at Bridal Mart. The David's in Raleigh was such a bad experience for my mom two years ago that I ended up going to the David's in my mom's hometown just to avoid them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards