Wedding Woes

Family complaining about traveling...

My family is pissing me off something awful! We are getting married in June in New Hampshire. Our venue is the summer camp where we met and is therefore very important to us. It is about 2 hours north of Boston...which is where my ENTIRE family lives. My family is raising a huge stink about having to travel two hours to come to my wedding and they despise the fact that it is in the woods. My fiance's family is from all over the country (Florida, Georgia, Washington, Tennessee, etc) and they are all flying in for our wedding. Am I being irrational for being angry? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Family complaining about traveling...

• FFS, it's two hours for them to get to.  It's not on the other side of the globe.  So no, I don't think you are being irrational. 
  • Getting angry does nothing for you, except get you worked up.   I assume you're not changing the location, so they have the choice to show up or not.  Therefore, there's no discussion on the matter. 

If they bring up the location, change the subject.  If they want to keep harping, walk away/hang up/etc.  

• Is it just the traveling or are they expected to stay at the camp?  I think 2 hours is no biggie at all to travel for a wedding, but if I had to stay at a camp because there were no hotels around it would become a "hugey".
  • @Kmmssg, they are invited to stay at the camp for free but there are also a number of B&Bs and hotels about 20 minutes from the camp. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that's pretty sad
  • @Kmmssg, they are invited to stay at the camp for free but there are also a number of B&Bs and hotels about 20 minutes from the camp. 
    Then they are just being whiners.  2 hours is not a big deal.  Let them whine and change the subject with them.
  • Hopefully they will change their tune. But chances are, you could have had it in the Boston area and only given them a 20 minute commute, they would have just found something else to complain about.

• Erikan73 said:

Hopefully they will change their tune. But chances are, you could have had it in the Boston area and only given them a 20 minute commute, they would have just found something else to complain about.

This. People will ALWAYS find a reason to bitch about things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards