Wedding Woes

Is anyone besides me here?

I have a feeling it's going to be a very lonely day.  We do get to leave early at 3, so that's a nice treat.

Re: Is anyone besides me here?

• *waves*
    I get off work at 6:30.  boo!
  • I'm hourly darn it, so I'm staying until 4:15 if I can stand it, otherwise I might just leave early.  It really depends on the work flow and how my work goes.

Of course I saved my work for today otherwise I'd just be here dicking around.
  • Boo, indeed, GB.

• Dang, 6:30 is plenty late.
  • I will probably duck out at 6, but I have students who plan on being here until 6 so...eh, thems the breaks.

Although, assuming it's slow, I'll have the kids who work for me who are here until 6 play rock/paper/scissors to determine who gets to go home early (and I'll not have them adjust their hourly timesheets)
    But I have to make sure Boss is OK w/ that-she usually is but recently we had a huge headache/hiccup over timesheets--because there can be federal fraud charges if we misreport hours them
  • I'm procrastinating.

I need to pack all 5 of us for the overnight at my parents' house tonight, pick up a veggie tray, remember to pack my banquet table, bathe the girls, fold laundry so we have things to pack and pick up around here - but not in that order.

We're leaving at 2:30, so I probably have another hour or so to put it all off.

• I'm here until 4:30pm.  I'm actually reaching people by phone today, so yay for getting to check off things on my to-do list. ;) 
  • I'm here until maybe 2. Could be later. Today's getting rather busy, dammit!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's a nightmare day at the clinic with 53 patients, so I've been slammed :|.

• I've been playing 'emergency test proctor' today.
    poor kiddies.  But it could be worse, I could choose NOT to play the role and leave them SOL :-P
  • Yuck @thejucheidea.  I know that we were always slammed b/c patients suddenly realize they have 2 pills left and no refills and a 4 day weekend coming up.  It was a a helluva day.
  • I just almost ate my weight in pistachios. 
  • jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I am up and sort of functioning. Our flight was delayed an hour, but damn if that pilot didn't beat the arrival time by 10 minutes. Unfortunately we still weren't in bed until 1 am. Baby doesn't care.
  • Yuck @thejucheidea.  I know that we were always slammed b/c patients suddenly realize they have 2 pills left and no refills and a 4 day weekend coming up.  It was a a helluva day.
    Lord, I know that feel. Suddenly, narcotics refills, but they're people who live like three hours from the clinic who apparently don't realize that 1. the mail isn't running tomorrow, so your script isn't being sent out and 2. our pharmacy is closed when we're closed (Thanksgiving and Black Friday), so you won't be getting your actual pills this week either. One who called was here YESTERDAY but for some reason didn't ask for a script for her morphine??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards