Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What to do with groups from work

My guest list is just about at its limit but I left a few slots for work friends. My job changes over often so I waited until closer to the wedding to see which friends actually stayed in the area and in touch. There is a group of girls I hang out with from work, so I would like to invite them, but won't have room if all of their husbands come. Is there a polite way to invite the as a girls night, or should I just say they don't make the cut? Also, there are several people in the department I do not see outside of work, so I thought it was fair to only invite the specific girls. Advice, please!

Re: What to do with groups from work

• Options
    If you invite them, you need to invite their husbands.
  • Options
    syoun1nj said:
    If you invite them, you need to invite their husbands.
    This.  I work in a department of 11, and I realized that if I wanted to invite some, I needed to invite all (including their spouses.)  I don't think everyone will come,but I've invited and planned for them anyway.  I know it can be hard sometimes with people that you see/socialize with from work because you don't often see or know their spouse, but it would be rude to invite them without their spouse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Of course you have to invite their spouses. Why is this even a question?  If you don't want to invite the people you don't socialize with out of work, then don't. Nobody would expect them to be invited. They are coworkers, not friends. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I look at inviting coworkers as you would invite your friends. You don't need to invite people just because you work with them. Invite them because you want them to be there, like you would with friends. And as such, you need to invite their husbands. 
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    I invited only 1 person I work with.  I knew her before we worked together and we hang out outside of work.  I didn't feel the need to invite anyone else just cos we worked together.  And yes, please invite their husbands if you do invite them

• Options
    Do you not see the problem with inviting people but excluding their husband, at an event that is celebrating your relationship?

• Options
    Co-workers are not an exception to any social unit rules.  If they have SOs, fiances, or spouses, the partners need to be invited too.  If you want to invite co-workers who are coupled, then you need to budget, financially and space-wise, to include both them and their partners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards