Attire & Accessories Forum

Jewelry suggestions?

I'm trying to decide what necklace and earrings to wear with my wedding dress that has a sweetheart neckline and a rhinestone belt. My grandmother has pearls or a long diamond pendant that I could wear, and I do have diamond stud earrings I could wear. Generally I like dangly earrings more than studs, but with a necklace it'd be too much I think. I'm also wondering about wearing pearls with a rhinestone sash. Thoughts?

Re: Jewelry suggestions?

• It depends on your style. The diamonds would definitely match and a more formal. The pearls I think would be more romantic and less formal. 
  • Can you take a picture of yourself in the gown with both options?  Even if it is the demo gown at the bridal salon, it's generally a good idea to see how you would look in pictures.
  • Coco Chanel once said to look in the mirror and take one thing off before you leave the house.  Don't be afraid to edit or go simple.  If you have too many different blingy things--the sash, big earrings, a necklace...none of the pieces will stand out.  Think about which one is most important to you, and then add sparingly.  If you love all the pieces, consider wearing one that you edit to another event like your bridal shower or rehearsal dinner.  You'll get pics in all of them...just not all of them at the same time.
  • Yes, a picture says a thousand words. And always, i think, pearl jewelry symbolizes love and happiness and looks beautiful on any woman. Cultures all around the world associate the pearl with elegance and luxury. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards