Wedding Etiquette Forum

Just realized we got a STD for a PPD

Was drinking with my FI and our roommate when they mentioned an old friend of their's. I asked if it was the one getting married and our roommate looked at me like I was insane and said the guy got married a month ago; it was all over Facebook. I assumed we missed the wedding until I realized no invitation ever came after the STD.

I got on FB all annoyed over the huge etiquette breech of not sending an invite to someone who got a STD and started poking around. I found a post from the bride saying "Wedding 1 down now can focus on planning wedding 2 (our real wedding)". I dug through the pile of mail and finally found the STD (addressed to FI only) for an April 2014 PPD. 

Re: Just realized we got a STD for a PPD

• Ugh. Definitely decline that one. What is wrong with people?
  • Really??? For sure, I say trash that Save the Date where it belongs! Don't bother spending your time, energy and money on a fake wedding.
  • Ewww. I would decline the invite. 
  • That is both too much time & energy, please forgive me for not knowing all the bride language, but what is PPD?
  • Sharina- Pretty Princess Day
  • kasmith1 I think you hit the nail on the head!
  • At least you know now and can plan something else that weekend!
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • smh

Like NYCBruin said, at least you know a good weekend to plan something else!
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • FI is insistent on going, but luckily it was only addressed to him (and his ex wife) so at least I'm off the hook.
  • Euch! That's almost worse! Well I think you and your hunny should plan a nice romantic get away instead of the ppd!
  • Couldn't agree more!
  • Wow. Yeah, I'd skip that! 
  • FI is insistent on going, but luckily it was only addressed to him (and his ex wife) so at least I'm off the hook.
    Stuck In Box:  They're so close that they don't know he's divorced??? Wow...sounds like they just want another gift!  I'd pass...
    Stuck In Box:  They're so close that they don't know he's divorced??? Wow...sounds like they just want another gift!  I'd pass...
    This!!!! Times A million!
    That part was definitely confusing. A few months back FI was talking to this friend on facetime and "introduced" us. Also the ex never lived at this address FI and I rented this house together.
  • This invitation just oozes in gift grabbiness!
  • Maybe I'm just feeling snippy today, but if FI insists on going would it be wrong to send a card that actually said "Mr and Mrs Special snowflake congrats on your pretty princess day!" I know tactless, but having a bad day and saw another FB comment from the groom  husband clarifying to a guest that the April wedding is still on this was just the courthouse thing the real wedding is in April.

• afox007 said:
    Maybe I'm just feeling snippy today, but if FI insists on going would it be wrong to send a card that actually said "Mr and Mrs Special snowflake congrats on your pretty princess day!" I know tactless, but having a bad day and saw another FB comment from the groom  husband clarifying to a guest that the April wedding is still on this was just the courthouse thing the real wedding is in April.
    Are you serious? I would be so hard pressed to keep my mouth shut. My evil evil brain wants to say "No, the real wedding was the one you just had at the courthouse. In the eyes of the law and polite society, you are now married. Have fun at your very expensive party in April."
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I would just reply to the FB message just as is, no filtering necessary, but that's just the snarky side in me 0:)
  • Well, you don't have to save the date, since you weren't invited to a wedding.
  • Or you could simply "save the date" to plan something else!
  • afox007 said:
    Maybe I'm just feeling snippy today, but if FI insists on going would it be wrong to send a card that actually said "Mr and Mrs Special snowflake congrats on your pretty princess day!" I know tactless, but having a bad day and saw another FB comment from the groom  husband clarifying to a guest that the April wedding is still on this was just the courthouse thing the real wedding is in April.
    If your FI is still insistent about going maybe you could make some wonderfully romantic plans for that weekend instead and tell him he's invited somewhere better...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards