African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela was an AWESOME man. PERIOD.  He was one of those rare humble souls.  How amazing must it have been to have known him or met him personally?  R.I.P. President Mandela.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: NWR: Nelson Mandela

• Options
    Nelson Mandela was an AWESOME man. PERIOD.  He was one of those rare humble souls.  How amazing must it have been to have known him or met him personally?  R.I.P. President Mandela.  

I SOOO AGREE... WHAT A GREAT PERSON MAY HE REST IN PEACE!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Yes, if only we could all strive for unity like that.  May he rest in peace.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    May He Rest In Paradise 
    He has earned it... 
    an amazing humble man... i remember watching him walk out of prison like it was yesterday 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Every word of this.   I've been kind of avoiding tv news walking around thinking hey I'm doing pretty well, then tears all of a sudden.  I met him in the summer of 1990.  He was everything you would expect (the definition of grace) and some stuff you might not (funny and bawdy).   Dang, now I'm tearing up again, there won't ever be another man like this in my lifetime. 

• Options
    My African Lit college professor is an close personal friend of his. Shes going home to South Africa for his services. RIP Mr. Mandela RIP
  • Options
    pearls687pearls687 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013

Take your rest, Mr. Mandela.  The world owes you a debt of gratitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQzjit7b1w&sns=em

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pearls687 said:

Take your rest, Mr. Mandela.  The world owes you a debt of gratitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQzjit7b1w&sns=em

Ok so thanks for making me cry. Beautiful poem.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards