Wedding Etiquette Forum

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

• Yay for power, Daff!
  • I'm the same way Daff, I would hate to have to spend the night elsewhere because of no power. I really like being alone, especially at night. I mean, FI can be there too... I guess, haha. But I don't like being around a bunch of people, which is why I hide in my bedroom a lot of the time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I guess my perspective is that it was rather petty of the conductor to retaliate instead of look at the bigger picture so that the ballet will look the best that it can, but I also know what you mean. 

I am also like that, I never had rituals or anything. I get that little flurry of nerves right before but they are always excited nerves, not scared ones. 
  • I'm glad you're back at home Daff. Did you manage to sleep alright last night at your ILs? 
  • For the love of all that is holy what is going on? Daff we just got power back too. These past two days have been awful!

And wouldn't you know it, as soon as we get power back, I get a call from my boss telling me work's generator lost it's power, so I have to go in to work super early tomorrow. This has got to be the shittiest end to 5 days off ever. 
  • Yay for power, Daff! I would not enjoy having to drag my dogs and myself to another place temporarily. One dog maybe but not both. 
  • That is sucky MK. As if going back to work after 5 days doesn't suck enough...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:647f8202-1b7d-47bf-b310-b4ebd67c8c54">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad you're back at home Daff. Did you manage to sleep alright last night at your ILs? 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    Not great. We were on an air mattress. And the night before I was on the couch because it's always cooler downstairs. So I haven't slept well the past couple of nights. And I'll probably be on the couch again tonight because I don't think it'll get cool enough upstairs by bedtime. So I'm pretty tired, at this point I'm just so happy to be home. mk I'm glad you got yours back too!

Angel - I'll be honest, one of the reasons I married H is because he's one of the few people I can stand to be around for extended periods of time. Twoo wuv!
  • So a friend of mine who died almost 6 years ago is playing Bubble Safari on FB. Who the hell is logging in to play games on his acct.
  • We didn't even have the option to go anywhere for relief. My dad in Silver Spring is without power too (granted, they're actually in Canada right now, so they're suffering no ill effects from this nonsense), so we wouldn't hae been able to go there. We spent yesterday at the mall/movies to get some A/C, slept on the living room floor, sat around with ice packs, tried to salvage food from the fridge/freezer. In our next house we will have an emergency backup generator. No more of this. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:5de8a99f-99db-44ae-9e62-7968dea2d1d2">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]So a friend of mine who died almost 6 years ago is playing Bubble Safari on FB. Who the hell is logging in to play games on his acct.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Wtf??? Do you think some hacker got into it and is trying to scam people or something? That's just awful. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:5de8a99f-99db-44ae-9e62-7968dea2d1d2">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]So a friend of mine who died almost 6 years ago is playing Bubble Safari on FB. Who the hell is logging in to play games on his acct.
    That's ODD.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:7566e8e1-647d-4362-89f9-dcf46a7abd56">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't even have the option to go anywhere for relief. My dad in Silver Spring is without power too (granted, they're actually in Canada right now, so they're suffering no ill effects from this nonsense), so we wouldn't hae been able to go there. We spent yesterday at the mall/movies to get some A/C, slept on the living room floor, sat around with ice packs, tried to salvage food from the fridge/freezer. In our next house we will have an emergency backup generator. No more of this. 
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]
    Oh man, I'm sorry you didn't have anywhere to go! That sucks.
  • MuSu, that's really weird and creepy. There's no reason for someone to use his account since FB is free and takes 2 seconds to sign up for...
  • Well I am pretty sure his sister and mom log in a lot so it must be one of them, or one of them somehow got spammed after clicking something. It is rather unnerving to see. 
  • maybe they forgot to log out of that one and log into theirs?
    Photobucket
  • Musu, that is really odd. 

MK, back-up generators are really awesome things. My parents think it was a great investment. 

Also, I survived going to switch the laundry over! Creeper was not there. 
  • I don't really understand the reason to be logging into a dead person's FB at all after 6 years but maybe that's just me. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:20d1c8ac-1179-46be-a197-48c2c7ec833e">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really understand the reason to be logging into a dead person's FB at all after 6 years but maybe that's just me. 

<div>Maybe they don't want it to automatically delete his account due to inactivity. </div>
  • Daff we always seem to have power or A/C issues on the hottest days of the year. Our first summer in the house in Gloucester the A/C blew. My H always had A/C issues in his house in SC. I told him we need to move somewhere where the hottest day of the year only tops out at like 65 degrees. That way we A) don't really need A/C, and B) if we had A/C, and it blew it wouldn't matter. 
  • Can FB do that? 
  • Aryn, glad to hear your'e still alive :)

Musu, I agree... it's just weird and probably very upsetting to some people to see his name pop up in their news feed as though he's on there playing games.

I think I'm feeling feverish. My throat as hurt since Friday. This is not good... I have my engagement pics tomorrow, my friend's rehearsal dinner on Thursday and the wedding on Saturday. I cannot get sick. It probably doesn't help I've gotten a total of about 7 hours of sleep the last 2 nights, when I do best when I get around 8 or 9 a night.
  • Angel, if you've gotten so little of sleep maybe a night or two with good sleep will clear it right up. When I hardly get any sleep I feel sick the next day but really my body was just exhausted. 
  • I don't know Musu, it's possible. Some websites do that. 

I hop eyou feel better after some good sleep Angel. 
  • Aryn, that's what I'm hoping. I hope to get home by 10:30, pick out some options for outfits tomorrow and then crash and figure out what to wear in the morning. I have to work tomorrow too though... I think I've stretched myself a little too thin the last few days.
  • Angel, you were right, the strawberry is simply amazing. These just might find their way on to my weekly shopping list. 
  • Isn't it so good, Poke? They're pretty fattening though, so I'm kind of glad I can't get them here. It's good for a treat at the shore though. I bought 6 this weekend only drank 3 so I have a few left for next time, unless someone beats me to them.
  • Yea, it sounds like you've been pretty busy. 
  • Angel - I didn't look at the info for the other two, but the frozen lemonade was 280 calories but no fat. You could easily work that in as a treat if you're counting calories. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:5a8d2045-3b88-4d8a-b660-7b88285a51c2">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel - I didn't look at the info for the other two, but the frozen lemonade was 280 calories but no fat. You could easily work that in as a treat if you're counting calories. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I guess my concern is more the sugar that can turn to fat. I consume wayyyy too much sugar, I need to cut back. But you're right, they're definitely good as a treat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards