Wedding Party

Bridesmaids gifts that don't suck

So, I got my girls each some cute tote bags with their names on it (btw, cyber monday - got HUGE savings buying them) - anyways, I was thinking of putting some 'essential' cute survival things for the day of the wedding in each..some makeup stuff, cheap flats, hairspray etc..things like that. I do want to get them their jewelry...but each girl picked out a different style dress...so I will have to accommodate that...I guess etsy is the best place for the jewelry. Any other good ideas for BM gifts?! What did you get that you remember and really liked?

Re: Bridesmaids gifts that don't suck

• CGrant3 said:
    So, I got my girls each some cute tote bags with their names on it (btw, cyber monday - got HUGE savings buying them) - anyways, I was thinking of putting some 'essential' cute survival things for the day of the wedding in each..some makeup stuff, cheap flats, hairspray etc..things like that. I do want to get them their jewelry...but each girl picked out a different style dress...so I will have to accommodate that...I guess etsy is the best place for the jewelry. Any other good ideas for BM gifts?! What did you get that you remember and really liked?

Ditto PP. I got my girls each a tote bag, but filled it with things they would like and use themselves.  I also got each girl their own pendant off etsy, but I picked apiece for each based on their tastes and told them they didn't need to wear it for the wedding.  But my sister and niece still did, but that was their decision.  I had my own bag (with enough for everyone) of tissues, hair spray, etc.

My favorite BM gift was a small Coach purse.  It is great for going out on nice dates with H and attending weddings.  I also got a pair of Coach sunglasses from another bride, but she let us pick out the pair we wanted from her opthamologist catalog.

• Yeah, sorry... what you are planning sucks. I shopped for all of our WP like it was their birthday and they loved everything. Don't waste your money on clear nail polish and hairspray.
  • Something else:  Bridesmaids' gifts do not all have to be the same thing for everyone.  As long as the gifts are all in the same price range, they can be tailored to each BM's personal interests.
  • @JordanF13, that's a really great idea!
  • Whoever suggested alcohol stole my suggestion.  I am getting them a little mickey to put in their clutches.  They can see it as a supply that they might need to get through the day, but probably it will just be for future enjoyment.  I'm also getting them movie passes so they can have a movie date with their SOs. 

• Reading these posts has given me a good laugh.  I love the idea of thinking about it as their Birthday/Christmas gift to make the gift meaningful for them.  Great ideas, girls!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JordanF13 said:
    My best friend asked me to be in her wedding. At the rehearsal she gave us tote bags with our initials on it which included a Build-a-Bear wearing a dress the same color of our BM dresses. I donated the items because they were absolutely of no use to me. For my wedding I got everyone gift cards. My best friend doesn't get to go out with her H a lot because of expenses so I got her a gift card to one of their favorite restaurants and two movie tickets. She couldn't stop gushing about their upcoming date night. Please re-think your gifts.
    A build-a-bear?  For grown women?  Seriously?

Yes. She loves stuffed animals and I know her heart was in the right place so I considered it was the thought that counted and donated it so maybe a kid would enjoy it.
  • I'm with @OliveOilsMom I was given a coach wristlet and I use that sucker all the time. She gave each of us a different color that fit our personalities. However she gave everyone a wine stopper with their initial on it...I quit drinking a few years ago so that was a little weird for me to get.

• Yeah...I really do think you need to do something different. Do you know that all the girls use tote bags and like monogrammed stuff? If they do that's great, but if not it won't be a very exciting gift. I personally hate monogrammed stuff, so I'd donate the bag right after the wedding. I agree to shop like it's their birthdays. Gift cards to a store they love are great, they can choose something they really want or need. As for toiletries, making one bag of emergency essentials that can be shared is really the best way to go. I made one for a wedding I was in with bandaids, advil, breath mints, a lint roller (that came in really handy when the groomsmen's tuxes arrived covered in dog hair), tampons, hand lotion, needle and thread, mini hairspray and a few other things. The lint roller and breath mints were the only things used.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
  • Thanks girls!! (I kind of forgot I posted on here, just saw a lot of these lol). The big day is only a few weeks away, I ended up getting some a nice bottle of wine and others that were pregnant gift cards to their favorite store! The above were all great suggestions!!!
  • Shop for them like it is their birthday of Christmas. No one wants toiletries for their birthday, so skip the hairspray, flats, tissues, and that sort of thing. If they think they will need those things they will bring them, and if you must have them, put them in a a bathroom basket, but do not give them as a gift. I think a nice bottle of top shelf liquor or wine is nice, jewelry is good if you know their taste and it isn't meant to worn for the wedding (otherwise it is a wedding prop and not a gift). Otherwise, think birthday gift.
    I agree 100%.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards