Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

If you had or are having your wedding/reception at the North Park Lodge

Hi!

I'm planning my Oct 2013 wedding and reception which will be held at the North Park Lodge. I have many details already worked out.... dress, centerpieces, caterer, bartender, etc. but I am trying to figure out chairs and tables.

We're having everything upstairs. I felt like the upstairs was more lodgey. Additionally, the downstairs had those long tables and those bright orange tables that reminded me of an elementary school!!

What did you or are you doing for seating? I've been getting chair and table pricing and it is so expensive to have delivery and pickup. Additionally, some places are telling me pickup is the following day and I'm not sure how that will work seeing as we have the lodge only till midnight?

Any thoughts are appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Re: If you had or are having your wedding/reception at the North Park Lodge

• Try calling your local fire department. I have family, and friends that are local fireman near the monroeville area and i know they do table and chair rentals. I am sure the local fire department near you would do the same. The should have round, or long plus the chairs are normally metal so you could attach a chair cover for decor. They arent very expensive either! You could probably even throw in a few bucks for delivery and carry up the steps. Fireman are always willing to help out!
  • Ours was at the Rose Barn in North Park, but we rented tables and chairs. All Occasions in Pittsburgh delivered, did set-up, tear down, and pick-up for us. They have reasonable prices - about $2.50 per chair (brown samsonite chair) which includes set-up/tear-down. I don't remember what the tables were. I think around $7 for the rental and labor. There was an extra $300 charge to have them pick up after hours (around 10:30pm) since you can't leave anything in the park over night. They have a picture on their website of work they've done at the Lodge, which is why I went with them in the first place.
  • Just seeing if anyone had any other thoughts?? :) I'm going to call All Occasions tomorrow!! Thanks :)
  • Did you end up going with All Occasions? We booked the NP Lodge too but have no idea what to about tables and chairs. I am concerned about the after hour charges, I'm not happy about having to clean up afterwards as it is, I just wish we could leave everything for the next day!

Just seeing if anyone had any other thoughts?? :) I'm going to call All Occasions tomorrow!! Thanks :)

• Did you end up going with All Occasions? We booked the NP Lodge too but have no idea what to about tables and chairs. I am concerned about the after hour charges, I'm not happy about having to clean up afterwards as it is, I just wish we could leave everything for the next day!
    Just seeing if anyone had any other thoughts?? :) I'm going to call All Occasions tomorrow!! Thanks :)

We didn't go with them. I was so stressed out about finding affordable tables and chaise that I left this one up to my fiancé lol. We ended up choosing a company that is more geared towards birthday parties etc and not just marketed towards wedding events because they are more affordable. I want to say for 120 chairs and about 15 tables set up, delivery and pickup our quote was like $450. I can't think of their name off the top of my head, but I will check back in this post and let you know tomorrow!

When is your wedding? Ours is Oct 6th so I'm starting to freak out about all that is left LOL.

• Hi, I was just wondering how your weddings went at the lodge? I am looking into it for next fall 2014 and can only find one review online which wasn't good.

Who did everyone go with for chairs / tables? Did u both only use the upstairs and if so, how many does that hold, 150? Any conflicts with baseball games? Did you get married at the lodge as well?

I am full of questions. :)

Thanks in advance!
  • I am having my reception there in April.  How many tables were you able to fit into the main room upstairs?  I am looking at 60 inch rounds in addition to a king's table.  Also, were the two big rectangular tables upstairs then or would I have to order those?  I am not sure how many tables can fit in the main room as I wanted food on the side and dancing on the other side.  Thank you so much!
  • We used 60" rounds and had all our tables in the main big room. We had 10 round tables and an additional long table that we didn't get up using. We had ours set up for about 65 people (smaller wedding). I do think more than 10 60" rounds would work. We also used our side rooms for food, alcohol, etc. I am going to attach a couple of pictures - hopefully that will help you to get a better idea. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Oh - and we had our ceremony outdoors.

• I feel like at least 2 more rounds could have fit nicely without that long side table we didn't use...
  • Thank you!  Did you have to rent a ladder to attach the string lights for the day?
  • Yes- you will need to bring one or rent one. My father-in-law and his neighbor set up the lights for us so I didn't have to worry about finding a ladder to rent. 
  • We had our wedding at the North Park Lodge in December. In general everything was amazing, but mostly because of all the hard work that went into it.

My first suggestion (if you haven't made a final decision yet) is to tally the rental fee with the cost of tables, chairs and linens. Elfinwild Fire Hall is relatively close and more expensive, but includes tables and chairs and a bar. I loved our wedding, but part of me thinks that it would have be easier and about the same cost if we had gone there.

Anyways... we had 148 guests. It took a lot of finagling, but we arranged everything using long banquet tables, and it fit pretty well. (I've attached a copy of how we laid everything out. This had to be adjusted slightly the day of set up, but it might still be helpful.) We had everything upstairs except for the coat racks, which were by the bathrooms.

On the Lodge:
    1. Make sure you get a permit for the DJ and alcohol. 
    2. It's helpful to rent the day prior to set up. (It would have been impossible for us otherwise.) Make sure to include this in your cost evaluation.
    3. It was not clean, and probably won't be clean. They don't clean it. We dusted, swept and cleaned the bathrooms on our set-up day.
    4. They don't plow the roads when it snows. (Thankfully most of our guests had four wheel drive, or got a ride with someone who did.)
    5. It's bare and will take a good bit of work and/or money to make it look a wedding, varying of course based on your style. When it is done up, it's gorgeous. 
    6. They unlock the lodge at 8am, and you have to call the local police when you leave to have them lock it up at night. That means you need someone to watch all the alcohol, lights, DJ equipment, etc. during the day of. 
    7. If you're doing your own lighting, bring ALOT of long extension cords. There are only 8 outlets which are on each side of the 2 fireplaces.
    8. You have to be out by midnight the last day that you are renting the facility.
    9. It's cheap. $300 for the day, $350 if there's alcohol there that day. 
    We rented tables, chairs, linens, a bar and coat racks through Ambassador Tent Rental. They were the most affordable that I could find, and they were very friendly and nice to work with. We also used a few of the tables from downstairs.

I also highly recommend our caterer- 2 Brother's BBQ. At first I was a little leery of having BBQ food at my wedding, but the taste test and price won me over. The day of, the food was amazing and we got so many complements, I was really happy with our choice. 

Hope that helps you all! Best of luck!
  • edited February 2014
    acbosland said:
    We had our wedding at the North Park Lodge in December. In general everything was amazing, but mostly because of all the hard work that went into it.

My first suggestion (if you haven't made a final decision yet) is to tally the rental fee with the cost of tables, chairs and linens. Elfinwild Fire Hall is relatively close and more expensive, but includes tables and chairs and a bar. I loved our wedding, but part of me thinks that it would have be easier and about the same cost if we had gone there.

Anyways... we had 148 guests. It took a lot of finagling, but we arranged everything using long banquet tables, and it fit pretty well. (I've attached a copy of how we laid everything out. This had to be adjusted slightly the day of set up, but it might still be helpful.) We had everything upstairs except for the coat racks, which were by the bathrooms.

On the Lodge:
    1. Make sure you get a permit for the DJ and alcohol. 
    2. It's helpful to rent the day prior to set up. (It would have been impossible for us otherwise.) Make sure to include this in your cost evaluation.
    3. It was not clean, and probably won't be clean. They don't clean it. We dusted, swept and cleaned the bathrooms on our set-up day.
    4. They don't plow the roads when it snows. (Thankfully most of our guests had four wheel drive, or got a ride with someone who did.)
    5. It's bare and will take a good bit of work and/or money to make it look a wedding, varying of course based on your style. When it is done up, it's gorgeous. 
    6. They unlock the lodge at 8am, and you have to call the local police when you leave to have them lock it up at night. That means you need someone to watch all the alcohol, lights, DJ equipment, etc. during the day of. 
    7. If you're doing your own lighting, bring ALOT of long extension cords. There are only 8 outlets which are on each side of the 2 fireplaces.
    8. You have to be out by midnight the last day that you are renting the facility.
    9. It's cheap. $300 for the day, $350 if there's alcohol there that day. 
    We rented tables, chairs, linens, a bar and coat racks through Ambassador Tent Rental. They were the most affordable that I could find, and they were very friendly and nice to work with. We also used a few of the tables from downstairs.

I also highly recommend our caterer- 2 Brother's BBQ. At first I was a little leery of having BBQ food at my wedding, but the taste test and price won me over. The day of, the food was amazing and we got so many complements, I was really happy with our choice. 

Hope that helps you all! Best of luck!
    You did an awesome job transforming the lodge :)
  • How many people did you got in the rose barn?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards