Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Showers and the Groom

So, I know it's called a bridal shower, but my fiance really wants to go. I have my bridesmaids throwing me one, and two different sides of my family each wanting to throw one for me. My fiance thinks that this is something that he and I should go to and often says that we are taking steps to become husband and wife and to be together for forever, and that he thinks that we should be together for all events that pertain to the wedding. I don't know though, whether allowing the groom to go to the Bridal showers is a no no or if it is ok. I don't know a whole lot about the traditions and the likes for weddings. 

Re: Bridal Showers and the Groom

• The answer you get will often depend on the area in which you live, and the type of shower hosted.

When my daughter married, the shower was small enough to include members from both families.  Her FI arrived half way into the shower just prior to gift opening.  He sat beside her and they opened gifts together.  I think his family enjoyed seeing him there.

When my son married, his FI opened the gifts alone.  My son, his dad, some uncles, and FI's dad all had a "guy's outing" throughout the duration of the shower.  The "guys" arrived at the tail end of the shower.  It was just prior to the guests leaving.  It gave my son time to say a quick "hello and thank you" to the guests at the shower, and to help his bride pack up the car.

I don't see any reason why your FI cannot join you.

• Ask the people offering to throw you a shower. Sometimes hosts want showers to be women only but if they don't care bring him. There's nothing wrong with it at all. I think its sweet that he wants to be involved.
    *********************************************************************************

• Ask the people offering to throw you a shower. Sometimes hosts want showers to be women only but if they don't care bring him. There's nothing wrong with it at all. I think its sweet that he wants to be involved.
    I agree.  But it really depends on the hosts and the crowd.  If your GFs are the hosts and they want a girl's day/night out kind of thing, he's going to be out of place.  If your mother's best friend is hosting for family and friends, then it might make sense.
  • There's nothing wrong with if if he really wants to go. However, I have only ever been to one shower that my husband would have enjoyed, and that was a couples shower. Every other one, my husband would have been bored out of his mind. Frankly, I'm bored at most of them myself. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I've been to showers where the groom was there, and sometimes also the bride's dad. I think it's entirely appropriate for the groom to be there if he wants to be; the gifts are his too!  But what other people said, it depends on the host, and what they have planned. 

• When the bride & groom are there, it's called a Couple's Shower. Very common (at least in my opinion) & lots of fun too!
  • In michigan it's normal for the groom to be there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards