New Jersey

How much did you pay for.....

jaz3088jaz3088 member
5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
edited December 2013 in New Jersey
How much will/did you pay for makeup and hair? Please include trial price and day of price. Thanks :) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much did you pay for.....

• i hit the jackpot here.... i paid $85 for hair and makeup trial ($10 extra for airbrush)

Wedding day is $150

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I paid $75 for an airbrush trial, and will be paying $50 for my hair trial. I think day of prices are $140 and $150.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I paid $120 for both including false eyelashes.  The trial was $50.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I only had a hair trial done as my sister will most likely be doing my makeup.  I paid $65 for my hair trial.  Day of will be $85 (includes head piece placement).  I hit the jackpot with that.  If I plan to get my makeup done while I have my hair done it'll be $115 for everything.  Not bad if you ask me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Who are you or did you all use??? HobokenBride2012silver0319
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to be using Donna's Hair Salon in Ewing, NJ...may be a hike for you. :o/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Hair trial was $45, day of was $65

Makeup I ended up doing myself - the quote was $85 for trial, $185 for day of. 
    She was not available for either our engagement shoot or my shower. I did my  makeup for the photo shoot and the photographer really liked it and it looked great in the images. So, at that point, I saved myself the money and just did it on my own.

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I'm using Michelle Rivera for makeup and Aleetha Clanton for hair. I found Michelle through other posts on the NJ message board. Aleetha was recommended by my photog, who has done a bunch of photo shoots with her. Both of their prices are relatively inexpensive for BMs and my mom. I think Michelle is $55 for traditional makeup ($75 for airbrush) and Aleetha might be $65, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • $75 bucks for wedding day makeup. Trial was only $30.

I found a girl on Craigslist, she actually worked at Sephora and then MAC. Those girls will do your makeup for a lot less than a makeup artist who has to do that for a living. These girls are just looking for some extra cash on the side. 
  • I think I paid between $200-300.  That included the trial and false lashes and air brushing.  I forget what the exact price was.  My girl did a great job but I know that it was a little high.

My hair was $100. I didn't get charged for my trial.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My trial is $85 for hair and $85 for make up.  Day of it is $160 including airbrush and lashes.  My girls are paying $90 for hair/makeup which also includes airbrush.  Their lashes are extra if they want them day of.
  • jaz3088 said:
    Who are you or did you all use??? HobokenBride2012silver0319

Sorry for the late reply, I never got the bat signal. I used Ricky's Revolver Salon in Hoboken. It was much cheaper because I went there instead of having someone come to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards