Wedding Woes

Gift Giving Randoms

Are you a good gift wrapper?

Do you reuse gift bags?

Do you send Christmas cards?

Do you re-gift?

Re: Gift Giving Randoms

• Are you a good gift wrapper?  I'm average.  Sometimes stuff looks really good and other times, not so much. 

Do you reuse gift bags? Yep!

Do you send Christmas cards? It seems I can get my shit together to do it every other year or so. 

Do you re-gift?  Not often, but I have in the past. 

• Are you a good gift wrapper?

I like to think so. I really enjoy making the presents look good and trying to disguise what they are

Do you reuse gift bags?

You bet and I'll reuse wrapping paper too

Not currently but I'd like to start in the next few years, maybe once we have kids

Do you re-gift?

No, I'd be afraid to give it back to the person who gave it to me originally. Plus most people in our families put a lot of thought into their gifts so it's rare to get a gift that we don't want to keep.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Are you a good gift wrapper?  I really enjoy wrapping gifts and I'm pretty good at it.

Do you reuse gift bags? Oh yeah, if they aren't wrinkled or ripped.

Do you send Christmas cards?  Yup, sent out ~ 50 cards last week.

Do you re-gift?  Not usually. 

I am.  I really enjoy it, but I can get really anal about it too.  I have to have the corners perfect and the ribbon better curl just how I want it.  It's why I shifted to using gift bags, but I'm not much better when it comes to those with layers of tissue paper and ribbons.

Do you reuse gift bags?

Yes, but I've framed some really pretty or interesting ones I've gotten over the years too.

Yes, but it's a process.  I've sent out half, I'll sit down and write the other half.  I only send to people I really care about, I don't do mass mailings to everyone I've ever gotten an address from.

Do you re-gift?

Nah, I just send something to the thrift store for the Blind Alliance if I'm really not going to use it.

• Are you a good gift wrapper? I think so, I enjoy making  gifts look pretty. But I will say, having cats and a kid now means no ribbons or bows at all ever again. WE could get away with it with the cats, they just played with them, but DD wants to eat. all. of. them. so no more bows from us.

Do you reuse gift bags? Yes.

Do you send Christmas cards? We are this year, I have to work on that this weekend. I ordered our cards through Costco and even though they sent them via UPS they did that stupid deliver to the USPS thing, so it took extra time for them to get here. Lame.

Do you re-gift? Horrid things tend to come back in Secret Satan gifts. But in general no. Although this year we are regifting a Nintendo game to my niece for her new 2DS, DH isn't playing it anymore and she loooooves it, so we are giving it to her with another brand new game. But we bought it for DH, so I don't think it is really a regift per se.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2013

1. I start off great, then the last ones get a little jacked up.

2. Yep.  I just put bigger gift tags on the ones for 6let's teacher gifts. We have a few birthday ones that just keep getting passed around.

3. Last year was the only year I missed cards.  I intended to, but....

4. If I know someone will enjoy it I give it away, but not as a gift.

ETA: Except Bath and Body Works.  That stuff does get regifted

• Are you a good gift wrapper?  Yes, I'm pretty good.  I use the right amount of paper and I like the corners tight.

Do you reuse gift bags?  I do reuse gift bags.

Do you send Christmas cards?  I send cards every year.  So far, we haven't even taken a photo.  I didn't really want DD1's face rash to stand out.  I'm hoping to take a pic mondayish and get the cards printed at Walgreens and get them sent out.  Either that or I can find a good pic of the 3 kids at Disney and put it on a card.

Do you re-gift?  The only time I ever re-gifted was last year.  I gave my grandma a digital photo frame that I wasn't interested in using in my house.  I loaded it with pics of my family for her.  I did buy her another gift as well.  She thought the frame was really cool.

• >Are you a good gift wrapper?

YES. i worked at a department store as a gift wrapper. 

>Do you reuse gift bags?

yes, especially the expensive ones, which i like to put inexpensive things in. 

>Do you send Christmas cards?

check your box, yo.

>Do you re-gift?

who doesn't? fools.

• yes, especially the expensive ones, which i like to put inexpensive things in

me too.

• Are you a good gift wrapper?  I like to think so :)  I really like wrapping.

Do you reuse gift bags?  Yes, of course.  If I didn't, it would be so wasteful and expensive.

Do you send Christmas cards?  I was planning on it this year (first year living with FI) but I just didn't.  This weekend I might get some cards and send them but I am not sure, since they might not even get to the people on time.

Do you re-gift?  I try not to but occasionally I do.  If I do, I make sure to re-gift the gift to someone in a separate social circle so it hopefully won't come back to the original giver.

You know at community ed, you can take classes in beginning knitting or scrapbooking or whatnot?  my mom taught the gift-wrapping ones.  I'm not as good as her, but I'm pretty good.  Until I get bored w/ it, then they start going downhilll fast.

Do you reuse gift bags?

Yep--but I don't do many bags.  And I've taken to sewing some of the bags

Nope.  I just never get there.

Do you re-gift?

Usually only in a "hey, would you like this?" randomness--not in letting anyone think I bought it for them.  Except for the Mr's. late grandma--I regifted to her because, meh, I didn't care.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards