July 2014 Weddings
Options

When to send Save the Dates/Invites

I have purchased save the date magnets and I am anxious to send them, but my Fiance thinks I shouldn't send them before the 6 Month mark. The save the dates have my website on them so my hopes are that people will read the info and start planning to attend. What is everyone else with a July '14 wedding doing? I feel like summer weddings require earlier notification.

Re: When to send Save the Dates/Invites

• Options

@lleblanc33

I am getting married July 26th and we are sending out our save the dates about the last week in December because by the time the guests get them, most will have their new calendars. We have a lot of out of town guests (basically 80% of our guest list).

Since you're doing magnets, if you sent them out between now and the 1s of the year I don't think that it would be a big issue because people can stick them on their fridge and use them to hold other papers / things to remember on their fridge as well.

We will be sending the invitations about 3 months before hand.

• Options
    The general rule is that you can send out STD's anywhere between 6-12months before the wedding. We sent our save the dates back in September for our July wedding because 90% of guests are from at least 2 hours away and its a holiday weekend. I would maybe wait to send yours after the holidays, just so they don't get mixed in with all the Christmas cards. Just an idea.
  • Options
    I am getting married on July 4th, and we sent out our STD's in October.  We only sent them to our VIP's and family members.  We wanted to send them out early because of the holiday weekend and OOT guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What I've read is to send out the STDs between 6 and 9 months out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding is July 5th, and we sent them out the first week of November so our guests would have plenty of time to make travel plans (holiday weekends are tough for our friends as we are scattered all over the world now). We wanted to make sure we got them out before people started getting Christmas cards so they wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. 

I always appreciate more notice for summer weddings since a lot of people start making vacation plans very early.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    My FH & I are getting married on July 11 and sent out our Save the Dates the last week in November. Most of our family lives quite a ways away from us (and a lot are college kids) so we wanted to give everyone a heads up!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I like the idea of waiting for new calendars!! I guess there are benefits to waiting after the holidays!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards