Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Need help with shoes....

So my colors are ivory and a deep red like burberry red.  All of my bridesmaids are wearing the red dresses, but I'm not really sure what color shoe they should wear?  It's a winter wedding so I'm affraid ivory will be hard to find, and I hate for them to have to dye them to match the dress.  They are already wearing a dress they may never wear again, and I don't want them to get shoes that they would never wear again either.  Any suggestions?

Re: Need help with shoes....

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Give them a color to wear (black, gold, or silver, perhaps, depending on your accent colors), and let them buy shoes they like, or wear something they already have.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_need-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:f301e831-35bd-413b-80db-93170213323dPost:791abcb6-02ab-4b9c-ae64-16c8c1ae2fb6">Re: Need help with shoes....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Give them a color to wear (black, gold, or silver, perhaps, depending on your accent colors), and let them buy shoes they like, or wear something they already have.
    Posted by twilight.rose[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. This is what I am doing for my bridesmaids. Silver and gold would both be beautiful with this burberry red, it depends on the look you are going for!
  • my vote is for tan/neutral something to match their skin tone so the shoe doesnt pop unless you'd like that affect
    i think gold or silver will stand out too much, but thats my opinion

if you dont care that they all match then give them a few color choices that you'd be happy with (or just one color choice) and let them pick put the style shoe they'd like to wear
    imageAnniversary
  • gold or silver...
  • I think gold would look nice.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • black would look nice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards