Just Engaged and Proposals

*waves* I'm gonna be a Navy wife!! - Introduction

*waves* 

Hi everybody, I'm new here; I thought I might as well introduce myself here...my name is Alatheia and my boyfriend and I just got engaged last weekend. We're planning on getting married at the Naval Academy fall 2014, but we can't pick a date yet because we don't know where he's going to be stationed yet or what his training/deployment schedule will look like. 

He proposed at the Baltimore waterfront...here's a video :) The music in the background was playing along the waterfront and ended up creating an absolutely perfect soundtrack. I cried like a little goofball and forgot to say yes...

It's going to end up being a destination wedding since my family lives in the midwest and his lives in Arizona. But I live in Virginia and I go up to Annapolis a lot to see him, so the academy is really meaningful to both of us. It's going to be interesting planning a military wedding and getting all his friends together, since they will all be graduating this spring and then going off for their respective training. And we're paying for it ourselves. But I couldn't be happier <3 

*waves goodbye*

Re: *waves* I'm gonna be a Navy wife!! - Introduction

• Congratulations!
  • Congrats! And thank you to your fiance for his service. I'm marrying a Navy veteran myself. He was a submariner for 6 years and was in the Navy when we met.

Go Navy! Happy planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congrats!

Prepare to remain flexible with all the military friends going every which direction and having last minute changes. Currently 4 out of FI's 6 groomsmen are in Afghanistan. 

I also recommend asking every vendor if they are open to putting a "military clause" into the contract that would allow you to move your deposit to an open date if a deployment ends up interrupting your plans. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards