July 2014 Weddings

"Bridal Moment"

I have been dress shopping a couple times and never had that "bridal moment" in any dress.  I ended up purchasing a beautiful dress that I love, but I was disappointed because I didn't have the "this is the one!" feeling.  Did anyone else struggle with this?  My consultant told me that a lot of people don't have that moment when they pick out their dress because there is too much going on, they actually have it at their first fitting.  Was this the case for any of you?  Like I said, I love the dress and it's beautiful so you can't go wrong with it, but i'm not sure if I should have held out for that "moment". 

Re: "Bridal Moment"

• I never had that "moment" but my mom sure did. The minute I walked out of the room, my mom cried. It was the first dress I had wanted to try on and I had tried on a couple before that but it was the only one my mom ever teared up over.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I went with my future mother in law and she told me she thought it was the one.  She said she had goosebumps.  I figured if one of us had a moment, then I couldn't go wrong with it. 
  • I never had that "moment", and didn't cry like you see on all the bridal shows.  I definitely had a different feeling when I went in to try on my actual dress when it arrived, I was extremely excited. 
  • I cried. I cried so hard. I just pictured FI next to me and lost it. 
  • I have been dress shopping a couple times and never had that "bridal moment" in any dress.  I ended up purchasing a beautiful dress that I love, but I was disappointed because I didn't have the "this is the one!" feeling.  Did anyone else struggle with this?  My consultant told me that a lot of people don't have that moment when they pick out their dress because there is too much going on, they actually have it at their first fitting.  Was this the case for any of you?  Like I said, I love the dress and it's beautiful so you can't go wrong with it, but i'm not sure if I should have held out for that "moment". 

@Bashley20062

I had a lot of dresses I liked and would have been 100% okay with walking down the aisle in but I am glad I held out because when I found the one I have, I was crying instantly when I saw myself in the mirror. So was my mom, friend and consultant.

• I was able to pick up my dress this weekend and I am so happy with the decision that I made.  I didn't cry, but I felt so beautiful and bridal.  It is definitely the perfect dress for me. :) 
  • I was able to pick up my dress this weekend and I am so happy with the decision that I made.  I didn't cry, but I felt so beautiful and bridal.  It is definitely the perfect dress for me. :) 
    @Bashley20062

Congrats!
  • I didn't have a "bridal moment" either. I'm in love with my dress and like @Bashley20062, I felt beautiful & bridal, but definitely didn't cry. My mom & FMIL did though!
  • I didn't even cry after the most amazing romatic personal proposal so I wasn't surprised when I didn't cry iwth the dress..I let it percolate for a while and my excitement grew. For my best friend, the moment she saw my dress she instantly loved it so that helped! 
  • I am a total crier and I also didn't cry with my dress but I totally knew it was the one. I think I was just more excited than overcome with emotions. I have a picture of me in it on my phone and every time I watch bridal shows or see other dresses that catch my eye I look back at it and have never second guessed it!
  • I didn't cry when I picked my dress - I had looked at a ton of dresses, but I kept going back to that one - I figured there was a reason I kept going back.  I haven't gotten my dress back yet for my first fitting, but everytime I see it or mention it I smile really hard.  Everyone keeps telling me that moment will come, but I figure the happiness is enough! LOL
  • I have been dress shopping a couple times and never had that "bridal moment" in any dress.  I ended up purchasing a beautiful dress that I love, but I was disappointed because I didn't have the "this is the one!" feeling.  Did anyone else struggle with this?  My consultant told me that a lot of people don't have that moment when they pick out their dress because there is too much going on, they actually have it at their first fitting.  Was this the case for any of you?  Like I said, I love the dress and it's beautiful so you can't go wrong with it, but i'm not sure if I should have held out for that "moment". 
    I picked out a pattern for my mother to sew. Until it turns into a completed dress, I'm not teary either. But I dont' cry in public.
  • I absolutely love my dress and I'm excited to go for a fitting to be able to have it on again.  That said, I didn't cry.  I felt beautiful and knew that my fiance will love it.  My mom and fmil cried for a similar dress but not the one that I picked, but they loved my choice as well.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards