Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

My vow - Is it bad? (revised)

Ten years ago, when you asked me to Prom, I would never imagine you’d be the man I’m marrying today. I am truly blessed to have found you in my life. You have brought me so much happiness than I could ever ask for.

The hardest thing I ever have to do is saying goodbye to you at the airport, missing you from the moment you drive away. Going through my days, living for the next time I see you again. It’s not easy to always miss you so much, but I am so fortunate to have found someone I love so deeply to spend the rest of my life with. Even though the circumstances make us apart now, you give me the strength to be alone. You make me so weak, yet so strong. I know no matter how hard life gets, you will always be there for me. You’ve given me the strength to be better, to accomplish more, and let me believe in myself.

I don’t know what kind of challenge life will bring us in the future, but with you, I have no fear. I couldn’t hope for anyone better to spend rest of my life with. You are my true love and my best friend. I promise to put your happiness before mine because your happiness is what’s most important to me. I vow to stand by your side in good times or bad. I vow to support your dream and lend you my strength. And most importantly, I vow to love you every day til the end of my life. 

Re: My vow - Is it bad? (revised)

• Have you thought about giving him a love letter to read the morning of the wedding/before the ceremony?  If you did, then you could put maybe the first two paragraphs in the letter and focus more on vows during the ceremony.  
  • kjeng001 said:

Ten years ago, when you asked me to Prom, I would never imagine you’d be the man I’m marrying today. I am truly blessed to have found you in my life. You have brought me so much happiness than I could ever ask for.

The hardest thing I ever have to do is saying goodbye to you at the airport, missing you from the moment you drive away. Going through my days, living for the next time I see you again. It’s not easy to always miss you so much, but I am so fortunate to have found someone I love so deeply to spend the rest of my life with. Even though the circumstances make us apart now, you give me the strength to be alone. You make me so weak, yet so strong. I know no matter how hard life gets, you will always be there for me. You’ve given me the strength to be better, to accomplish more, and let me believe in myself.

I don’t know what kind of challenge life will bring us in the future, but with you, I have no fear. I couldn’t hope for anyone better to spend rest of my life with. You are my true love and my best friend. I promise to put your happiness before mine because your happiness is what’s most important to me. I vow to stand by your side in good times or bad. I vow to support your dream and lend you my strength. And most importantly, I vow to love you every day til the end of my life. 

@kjeng001

I think overall it is very sweet. I personally would put the first 2 paragraphs in a love letter for him to read the night before or the day of as he is getting ready and use the last paragraph as your vows.
  • I agree, The first two paragraphs should be in a note or card he is given on your wedding day. Your actual vows are still very short.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Stupid double post.
  • kjeng001 said:

I think the bolded sounds really odd. I think it's better, but honestly sounds a little negative and sad.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    kjeng001 said:

I omit those portions that are crossed out because they are too unhappy.  The rest will be fine and beautiful.
  • Your vows are your vows.

I don't think you need to change anything. I would love to hear this at a wedding. I love these kind of vows. That is just me but I seriously don't think you need to change anything.

It may seem like you wrote a lot but when you read this, it'll go by very quickly ^_~ Trust me. I've been practicing reading my vows and it takes me about 2 minutes to read them. (it doesn't help that I get choked up and sniffly when I'm practicing either lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the others, the first two paragraphs would make a beautiful letter to give him for the day of the wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards