June 2012 Weddings

Overlays vs Table cloths

I'm buying my table linens today for the reception and need some advice. Can a large overlay be used in place of a round tablecloth? I'm looking at covering a standard round table that seats 10 people.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Overlays vs Table cloths

• if you choose to use overlays you have to be okay with the fact that they won't touch the floor. Also, you will need to be careful of fabric choice because if you use organza you will be able to see the table underneath where as satin will be more solid so you won't be able too see the table.
  • chrmunchrmun member
    First Comment
    Ditto KF.  When I think "overlay", I thiink of something that is see through.  Usually it's organza or lace.  Couple that with the fact that rental banquet tables are generally pretty beat-up, (stained, chipped, metal legs, etc.) and I'd prefer something that is going to cover that mess up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_overlays-vs-table-cloths?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:3e6bdc4c-b677-4a70-96b9-3e372a796fd6Post:943de209-33e4-455a-89d1-1d1966876f41">Re: Overlays vs Table cloths</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto KF.  When I think "overlay", I thiink of something that is see through.  Usually it's organza or lace.  <strong>Couple that with the fact that rental banquet tables are generally pretty beat-up, (stained, chipped, metal legs, etc.)</strong> and I'd prefer something that is going to cover that mess up.
    Posted by chrmun[/QUOTE]

<div>This, the tables are likely super crappy. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_overlays-vs-table-cloths?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:3e6bdc4c-b677-4a70-96b9-3e372a796fd6Post:c4c9cce8-3720-4172-8c94-17f8da46553a">Re: Overlays vs Table cloths</a>:
    [QUOTE]You want it long enough so your BM can give a handy to the guy sitting next to her without people knowing.
    Posted by 2SBs1cup[/QUOTE]

This.
  • I know a place you can get a great deal on camo table runners.
    Photobucket
  • chrmunchrmun member
    First Comment
    I wasn't here for a couple days.  Has this place turned into AE shiitbird hell?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Thank you to those with legit advice (Katie, Chrmun and Meg).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Another option: we went with table runners on top of the table cloth. It adds color without being overpowering and was cheaper. Just a thought..
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards